Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

And you thought kiting in the Gorge is dangerous!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
h2olm

Since 07 Jun 2006
124 Posts

Stoked

PostThu Aug 18, 16 1:45 pm    And you thought kiting in the Gorge is dangerous! Reply with quote

I knew kiting can be dangerous since the label on my kite bag says so, but this is another level of dangerous:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/17/asia/india-kite-deaths/ Rolling Eyes

dwaynej

Since 09 Sep 2013
207 Posts

Stoked

CGKA Member

PostThu Aug 18, 16 5:44 pm     Reply with quote

I had a leading edge sliced open by a fighting kite on the beach last year in socal. I took the kite from the guy and destroyed it. Made the life guards aware and they shut down a few more flying these nasty things. Broken glass spread around our launch previous year after the group had left.

luke

Since 06 Jul 2005
399 Posts

Obsessed

PostSat Aug 20, 16 6:42 am    Pakistan Reply with quote

We did a kite trip 8 years ago to a country where the President had banned kites because 400 kiters had been killed. Luckily, the Prime Minister heads up the Tourism Department and we traveled around in style kiting amongst the most passionate kiters on the planet.

AC

Since 04 Jul 2012
66 Posts

CGKA Member

PostSat Aug 20, 16 11:56 pm    Kite Runner Reply with quote

#1 NY Times bestseller for 2 years published in 2003 features fighting kites in Afghanistan

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Kite_Runner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: