Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

MTB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Chipotle

Since 26 Mar 2011
70 Posts

PostSat Apr 02, 16 6:43 am    MTB Reply with quote

There are lots of awesome trails all around the UC Santa Cruz campus. Park at 112 River St. and ride north on Golf Club Dr. Until it ends. Then hang a right on the path/trail called EMT. It's mixed use, a nice climb to start. Keep climbing and you will find tons of awesome descents between UC and Hwy 9. Ask people in the parking lot and on the trail about how to get to Mailboxes, Sweetness, and Magic Carpet. Or download the Pinkbike Trailforks app or Strava. Have fun!!

Also if you're here on a Friday or Monday you might have a decent chance scoring a demo bike from the Santa Cruz factory and get some good advice from them on where to ride. They may already be booked for the weekend days through.

Bargeslayer

Since 08 Jul 2012
100 Posts

Stoked

PostSat Apr 02, 16 9:42 pm     Reply with quote

Please don't post this on a public forum. Many of these trails are illegal and there are many mountain bikers in Santa Cruz who have been working hard with local authorities to improve MTB access in SC. This has been a sensitive subject for years, posting it here will not make it less so.

flipper

Since 17 Oct 2011
320 Posts

Obsessed

PostSun Apr 03, 16 8:53 am     Reply with quote

Nice, thanks Chipotle!

I think it so odd how trails can be a sensitive topic when the trees are taken from the land with clear cutting. It is what it is, but it is f#cked up.

Chipotle

Since 26 Mar 2011
70 Posts

PostMon Apr 04, 16 2:29 pm    go ride. Reply with quote

yeah, I don't know what's a more frustrating form of localism. Surfers yelling at you in the lineup, or people on forums telling you what is and isn't acceptable to post. I'm pretty sure strava gets more traffic than NWkite when it comes to MTB, just wanted to share the stoke. I didn't say where the trails were, only what to ask for and where to park. If I see you out there, I'd be happy to point you in the right direction. As many fellow Santa Cruz MTB'ers have for me. Enjoy your ride.

quenyaistar

Since 21 Oct 2011
416 Posts
Cougar, WA
Obsessed

PostMon Apr 04, 16 9:28 pm     Reply with quote

I will ride my mountain bike wherever I can walk and if you don't like it you can kiss my shiny white ass.
I have had 2 park rangers walk 8 miles one way just to bitch at me about riding a bike on a hiking trail and it was a NO THING. I had a great ride and they got a nice long hike and they got paid by the government the biggest gangsters on planet earth

Fight the power crackers!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: