Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Stick on leash loop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Slappysan

Since 13 Jun 2012
308 Posts

Obsessed

PostWed Mar 30, 16 4:25 pm    Stick on leash loop Reply with quote

I have a finless epoxy skim I like to ride with but I like to have a leash loop on all my boards so I can leash it up during self rescue or swimming in. I don't want to put any holes in this board so does anyone have any suggestions for stick on leash loops?

It already has a stomp pad and archbar on it so I could put something through there, only annoying thing about that would be the stomp pad getting ripped off if something went sideways.

Bill C

Since 15 Sep 2005
202 Posts
Portland
Stoked

PostWed Mar 30, 16 5:07 pm     Reply with quote

I've used these before and they work pretty well. Seems like they didn't cost that much when I bought them. Maybe you can find a cheaper version.

http://www.northshoreinc.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=338&idcategory=93

Matt V

Since 26 Oct 2014
462 Posts
Summer- OR Coast, Winter - My van near good snow
Explosive Diarrhea

PostWed Mar 30, 16 7:07 pm     Reply with quote

NSI "Surface Mount Foot Strap Inserts" held a handle onto a Cabrinha "Custom" hardware store center handle for years before I sold it.

I would vote for anything that they have. Be sure to clean the spot you put down the adhesive on.

http://www.northshoreinc.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=159&idcategory=108

kitebot

Since 20 Feb 2007
251 Posts

Obsessed

PostFri Apr 01, 16 8:40 am     Reply with quote

I used an FCS stick on leash plug on a 9' surfboard years ago. It worked great much to my surprise, on a skim it should be fine.

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostWed Apr 06, 16 1:06 am     Reply with quote

You could try growing a set of testicles? At least that way, when other gay guys see your skim board with a leash (the International symbol for "power bottom") they won't be dissapointed when you scamper off to the bushes at rooster.

Skimboard leash. Jesus christ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVvAw2VFR4Y&feature=PlayList&p=FB7233C37686AC79&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=34

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostWed Apr 06, 16 2:10 am     Reply with quote

pdxmonkeyboy wrote:
testicles? gay guys Jesus christ.

Welcome Back!!
This leash discussion is isn't always about the less-than-manly. With foiling now I'm venturing solo out into windless bays where even huge testicles would never go. Not a whitecap for miles. Feels like almost over-powered screaming... then the kite falls.
I wear two kite leashes, one for rescuing a $1200 toy.
But then... I wore a GoJoe well past the era when it met the pdx cool standards.

Time for either the Rooster dildo, or another unicorn frenzy. Smile

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4203 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostWed Apr 06, 16 7:06 pm     Reply with quote

pdxmonkeyboy wrote:
You could try growing a set of testicles? At least that way, when other gay guys see your skim board with a leash (the International symbol for "power bottom") they won't be dissapointed when you scamper off to the bushes at rooster.

Skimboard leash. Jesus christ.

Good to see you here again Brian! To be fair about the post though, he didn't say he was going to use a leash on the skimboard except for self rescues...

You should post the whole story about the citizen's arrest. Sounds very entertaining!

C Johnson

Since 17 Apr 2009
853 Posts
Seattle
Opinionated

PostSat Apr 09, 16 6:54 pm     Reply with quote

I stuck 2 of these on the front of my foil with a string tied between them for hooking a leash on. Need to test it out but I'm hoping I will make swimming in when the wind dies a little easier.

http://www.amazon.com/XCSOURCE%C2%AE-Tethers-Insurance-Sticker-Mounting/dp/B00JFS1TC6?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

ldhr

Since 21 Jul 2009
1471 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostSun Apr 10, 16 8:53 am     Reply with quote

This is what you need.
It's available in Hood River from NSI pads.
I have one on my surfboard - it's super strong.

https://www.northshoreinc.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=338&idcategory=93

C Johnson

Since 17 Apr 2009
853 Posts
Seattle
Opinionated

PostSun Apr 10, 16 1:58 pm     Reply with quote

C Johnson wrote:
I stuck 2 of these on the front of my foil with a string tied between them for hooking a leash on. Need to test it out but I'm hoping I will make swimming in when the wind dies a little easier.

http://www.amazon.com/XCSOURCE%C2%AE-Tethers-Insurance-Sticker-Mounting/dp/B00JFS1TC6?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Tested today and works great. Cheaper than the NSI option and you get 5 pieces

Slappysan

Since 13 Jun 2012
308 Posts

Obsessed

PostMon Apr 11, 16 8:24 am     Reply with quote

Killer price on those too

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: