Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Ride Engine Durability
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Shef

Since 22 Oct 2014
62 Posts

PostThu Apr 28, 16 5:50 am     Reply with quote

You can see at the bottom of the harness where is started coming apart. Who knows, the simple glue fix might make it last another 10 years. I think more overlap of material over the hard shell would be a good idea though.

ride engine 1.jpg
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  ride engine 1.jpg
 Filesize:  1.35 MB
 Downloaded:  336 Time(s)
 Note:  Use Pixlr to resize images to lower than 1024x768 resolution so they show up inline.

stringy

Since 23 Jun 2006
1724 Posts
vancouver
XTreme Poster

PostThu Apr 28, 16 7:20 am     Reply with quote

since you bought it second hand, I understand it might be difficult for them to want to warranty this product. But then again I wouldn't want that defective product out on the beach where others can base their opinion on it. If I were ride, I would do everything I could to make it right. I'm sure aqua seal will hold it together, but man, that is like throwing bondo on your ferrari

Shef

Since 22 Oct 2014
62 Posts

PostThu Apr 28, 16 5:17 pm     Reply with quote

stringy wrote:
since you bought it second hand, I understand it might be difficult for them to want to warranty this product. But then again I wouldn't want that defective product out on the beach where others can base their opinion on it. If I were ride, I would do everything I could to make it right. I'm sure aqua seal will hold it together, but man, that is like throwing bondo on your ferrari

Haha!!! I use Aquaseal to fix everything. It's like Duct Tape, but better.

cpc219

Since 12 Jun 2014
291 Posts
The Dalles
Obsessed

PostSun May 01, 16 9:32 pm     Reply with quote

Ride Engine is super cool about taking care of their customers and warranty issues.

I got a prototype harness from RE last summer and I am still using that thing. The only upgrade was to an 8" slider rope because my proto started out with the slider hook which was eventually discontinued. Either way the harness itself is rock solid and DOESN NOT MOVE during the session. The slider rope is sick and I like the 8" over the 10" because it keeps the range of motion of the chicken loop a little tighter for doing tricks and stuff. Highly recommend this setup.

Feel free to ask me any questions at the event site if you see me and if you want to take it for a spin that's cool too. See you out there.

Cody

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: