Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Snow Kiting Mt. Spokane

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
cdub25

Since 04 Jun 2015
68 Posts
Portland/Lyle

PostWed Feb 03, 16 5:48 pm    Snow Kiting Mt. Spokane Reply with quote

Anyone on here snow kited Mt. Spokane? I'm a student at Gonzaga and I have all my gear but unfortunately the valley hasn't been getting much snow. I was checking out google earth and the top of Mt. Spokane near the radio tower looks like a pretty sweet spot but I was looking for a little more info on best wind direction, places to park, and if its legal before I took the gamble. This Saturday NOAA is calling for some wind and snow so I'm thinking about heading up there and if kiting doesn't work out just hitting the slopes on my snowboard.

MF

Since 02 Jun 2006
69 Posts

PostFri Feb 05, 16 11:33 am    Mt Spokane Reply with quote

I also attended GU and did a lot of skiing at Mt Spokane. There isn't enough space to fly your kite. Unlike Mt Hood or Adams, you never get above tree line. You should snowkite out by EWU on some of the open fields when it snows.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: