Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

advice on the 6m rally.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
jerp

Since 22 Feb 2013
450 Posts

Obsessed

PostMon Oct 05, 15 3:17 pm    advice on the 6m rally. Reply with quote

I am looking to cut down on the number of kites I currently have in garage. I ride RPMs in the bigger sizes but thinking for my small kite I would like a 6M Rally. Would a 6M Rallys range meet the high end of the 9M RPM? I flip flop between boots and straps depending on conditions but in regardless I like to ride pretty powered

It seems based on all of the info I have been reading online it could work- the RPMs can be ridden pretty powered plus the Rally has really high range plus a lot of low end for each respective size…. According to the internet

I would love some advice from folks actually ridding the 6M rally. I am thinking of getting a 2015 Rally.

Thank you advance

retz

Since 06 Aug 2007
130 Posts
west linn
Stoked

PostTue Oct 06, 15 9:26 am     Reply with quote

I ride a 6/10 Rally combo and very very rarely do I feel like I'm on the wrong kite.
They are so versatile with huge range and if you add board options than for sure you can always ride powered. Maybe twice a year I have felt like I wished I was on an 8 but never felt it deemed spending the money and hassle of a third kite. The simplicity is great, I always know what kite to rig. As to your specific question : Would a 6M Rallys range meet the high end of the 9M RPM? Most definitely, YES!

GorgeKite.com

Since 17 Mar 2008
225 Posts
Hood River
Stoked

PostTue Oct 06, 15 10:16 pm    6 meter Rally Reply with quote

I have just what u are looking for. Make me an offer I cant refuse.

barfly

Since 31 Mar 2005
1210 Posts
Seaside
BRACKISH

PostWed Oct 07, 15 8:09 am     Reply with quote

I think it depends on the year. I rode a 6/9/12 combo for a few years where my last 9 and 12s were 2014's but the 6 was a 2012. The 2012 6m was basically a 5 and usually looked for at least 30 with gusts into the 40's before I felt powered. Those days there was wave size and current so on flatter water it might be ok esp. since you're going w/a '15. This left a bit of a gap but dealt with it by using a small surfboard with the 9m for most 7-8m type days.

patdaniels

Since 29 Jul 2015
91 Posts
Seattle area

PostWed Oct 07, 15 10:07 am     Reply with quote

I've run 6/9/12 Rally's the last couple years as the foundation of my kite quiver. 6/9/12 Rally quiver covers me wind range wise at all PNW kite regions - coast, gorge, puget sound, lakes. I also usually have a couple kites beyond the 3 Rallys, for example I had a 2013 7m RPM and a 2015 9m RPM that I sold recently, which I liked a lot as well. But wind range is better on Rally for three kite quiver and I ride mostly hooked in.

To answer the question posted - 6m Rally low end meets 9m RPM high end from my own experience with these kites.

Have fun!

jerp

Since 22 Feb 2013
450 Posts

Obsessed

PostWed Oct 07, 15 11:04 am     Reply with quote

thank you everyone for awesome feedback. appreciate it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: