Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

North Quad control bar 2015 question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
beech

Since 21 Aug 2010
482 Posts
Longview, WA
Obsessed

PostMon Sep 21, 15 8:29 pm    North Quad control bar 2015 question Reply with quote

I just got one of the 2015 quad control bars (the yellow ones). It has the red flag out line that goes to a single front line on the kite. So when I flew it today the flag line had a ton of slack in it and it was flapping in the breeze. Pretty annoying. I was not using suicide mode. It looks like theres a little adjustment possible to tighten it up on one of the knots, but not a lot. Anyone have experience with these bars who can let me know if this is typical?

Nice bar otherwise...

stuffnthings

Since 28 Aug 2013
133 Posts
Colorado
Stoked

PostTue Sep 22, 15 7:03 am     Reply with quote

That is totally normal on that bar. When at full power on your trim line there will be very little to no slack in the red flag line. When you de-power the kite with the trim line there will be slack. It is the same on the 2016 bar as well.

Also for the 2015 bar, at the "Y" in your lines check to see if you have a black metal block or if there are two silver rings connecting everything. The black block was chafing lines and North issued a free kit with two silver rings to replace that block. You should be able to get them from a North dealer.

When in doubt, kite loop out.

unbob

Since 31 Aug 2008
260 Posts
'da Gorge/LaV
Obsessed

PostFri Sep 25, 15 9:24 pm     Reply with quote

I always tie a knot in the safety (red) line about 1 1/2" from where it attaches to the metal ring (where the leash is attached). This reduces the length of the line - just be sure to still leave a little slack in the line - it should not be tensioned (unless of course the QR is pushed!).

beech

Since 21 Aug 2010
482 Posts
Longview, WA
Obsessed

PostSat Sep 26, 15 7:57 am     Reply with quote

10-4. Thank you

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: