Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

St Lucia in December

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Anthony

Since 07 Oct 2008
362 Posts
Salem
Obsessed

CGKA Member

PostMon Aug 31, 15 10:42 am    St Lucia in December Reply with quote

Going to St Lucia in December. I will be staying on the northern end of the island (Morgan Bay about a 2 miles north of George F.L. Charles Airport). I see this is a good kiteboarding island. What are your experiences on this island? Good kiting locations? Car Rental?

Thanks

Anthony

cnett

Since 23 Aug 2010
115 Posts
PDX
Stoked

PostMon Aug 31, 15 11:55 am     Reply with quote

St. Lucia is on my bucket list. I'd love to hear what people have to say and suggest.

jackZ

Since 13 Apr 2008
355 Posts
Devon Alberta ca.
Obsessed

PostFri Sep 04, 15 10:04 pm    St Lucia Reply with quote

I have been twice and stayed at The REEF at the south end ,Vieux Fort , awesome little place . I prefer small laid back . Coconut Bay next door for the luxury .
Kite 50 yds from your room . There are other kite spots too up by where you are staying .
I was there in March and in Jan , both times had wind everyday ! 9 or a 12 .
there's more info online too

English and Creole , very nice . Left hand drive too Chap ! Driver permit required . Easy , just pay .
I took gear there too , free , lol , but from Canada so different and now it's been three years since the last visit .
Have a great time
JackZ

soona

Since 27 Sep 2009
72 Posts

PostTue Sep 08, 15 2:27 pm     Reply with quote

We went two years ago and also stayed at The Reef, right there on the kiting bay. Kiting is flat and protected, very beautiful bay. We didn't explore other kiting on the island as we were pushing on to Union Island and others, but there are waves just around the corner, not sure about the launch and all. Sideshore, 10 meters day after day (late Feb).

A nice small group of kiters, mostly there long-term. Mostly Euros, very friendly.

The Reef is very simple, almost dumpy but clean, the food gets boring. There are only four rooms I think. It's far from anywhere on the beautiful island so exploring takes a while, and always a long drive back. The nearby town of Vieux Fort has little to recommend it.

The Reef and the kiting bay are a LONG way from Morgan Bay. We flew into the airport on the south side (from JFK) which is literally next to the Reef and the kiting bay. Like you drive around the runway to get anywhere else. You will not do quick trips from Morgan Bay to the kite beach! We looked at the "kite beach" on the north east side and did not think it was actually a kite beach.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: