Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Shout out to Pepe and 2nd Wind

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
SpaceRacer

Since 04 Nov 2007
434 Posts

Obsessed

PostThu Jun 25, 15 5:15 pm    Shout out to Pepe and 2nd Wind Reply with quote

Decided to go for foiling. Contacted Pepe and Second Wind for the LF Fish Foil. I got a good deal. Was rigged and out the door within an hour. Got lots of pointers and support in the shop and in the ES parking lot. After two days on the water I'm foiling about 20% of the time (at one point I was just foiling and I was like holy crap I'm actually foiling). Most of the time I'm riding a bucking bronco but it's fun as hell. Thanks Pepe for taking an intimidating venture and smoothing it out for me like the ride is.

SR

kitetele

Since 20 Mar 2005
121 Posts
Portland, Oregon
Stoked

PostFri Jun 26, 15 7:00 am    Foiling Around Reply with quote

Ya man......2nd Wind and Pepi rock! I did the same last weekend with them and I will say the service is always top notch from them. A few pointers on top of it made the curve that much quicker. Support your local shop!

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostFri Jun 26, 15 7:17 am     Reply with quote

SI!! Last Christmas I called Pepi and asked if there was any way possible that he could deliver one of the first LF Fish Foils to my I-5 winter route to La Ventana. Next day he fully set up the package and got it down into Portland for an easy on & off for my sprint south into the sun. Thanks also goes to Mark Barnes.

Now.... "Bucking Bronco?" Good luck with that. For me it was many many hours of TOW because this stuff just needs to become a "spinal memory". I've noticed many people who catch on in 1/2 an hour.... for my old brain it's been 1/2 a year Smile But now it's finally smoooooooth.

Pepi

Since 16 Jun 2006
1831 Posts
Pure Stoke Sports
Shop Owner

CGKA Member

PostFri Jun 26, 15 1:36 pm     Reply with quote

Thank you guys.
More foils on the water, means more foil friends to ride with Very Happy

You were one of our best listener, customers in regards to the advice that you got both from us at the shop and via friends down at the beach. And, the results showed with how well you progressed and grew your water time exponentially.

I look forward to hearing how your foiling progresses and eventually we'll get your buddy Jeff onto a foil soon!

Happy foiling.

www.Purestokesports.com

Lurk

Since 04 Apr 2009
355 Posts

Obsessed

PostSun Jun 28, 15 6:18 pm     Reply with quote

Any advice for beginners would be appreciated. I was told one big mistake when learning is trying to ride the foil right away. Found out you need to ride the board for a long time before trying to foil. Makes it much easier to learn the hard part.

SpaceRacer

Since 04 Nov 2007
434 Posts

Obsessed

PostTue Jul 21, 15 6:52 pm     Reply with quote

Thought it was fair to give an update. After 5 foiling sessions and about 10 to 12 hours, I am on foil about 75% of the time upwind and down (which has posed to be much harder) and have even made a few flat ridden jibes. I am no one special and attribute much of my success to the gear (setup correctly for easier learning) and the support from Pepe. I spent the entire day today on foilboard and left my surfboard on the beach at Rosey, which I can't believe but skimming over the tops of 3' swell and gnar whitecaps on a 7m day like a damn seabird is horribly addicting. Thank you. Glad to be earning my wings as part of the foil tribe.

Paul

SpaceRacer

Since 04 Nov 2007
434 Posts

Obsessed

PostTue Jul 21, 15 6:53 pm     Reply with quote

Pepi! Not Pepe! Autocorrect?

Pepi

Since 16 Jun 2006
1831 Posts
Pure Stoke Sports
Shop Owner

CGKA Member

PostWed Jul 22, 15 1:13 pm     Reply with quote

No worries on the name thing. My name gets butchered on a daily basis.

Another recruit moving up the ranks of the local Foil Army!!

Looking forward to this Sunday's Blowout Race. Will be cool to see how the foilers fair on the downwinder.

www.Purestokesports.com

SpaceRacer

Since 04 Nov 2007
434 Posts

Obsessed

PostWed Jul 22, 15 7:55 pm     Reply with quote

Foil Army! Love it! I think the "water skier" is still going to reign supreme LOL.

Weaz

Since 23 May 2012
360 Posts
Beaverton
Obsessed

PostWed Jul 22, 15 10:33 pm     Reply with quote

When are you gonna have foil skis?

Mark

Since 20 Jun 2005
3677 Posts
I need my fix because I'm a
Naishaholic

PostThu Jul 23, 15 7:45 am     Reply with quote

Welcome!

www.naishkites.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: