Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Who is the dangler?
Page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
CoryfromTHECREW

Since 27 May 2005
57 Posts
Lakeview Oregon, or Anchorage

PostSun Jul 03, 05 11:07 pm    Who is the dangler? Reply with quote

Ok, so not being familiar with the gorge. WHo is the dude? WHat is he infamous for? Why is he always being dissed?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Scriffler

Since 03 Jul 2005
581 Posts
LYLE
Addicted

PostSun Jul 03, 05 11:25 pm    The dangler is annoying but core Reply with quote

The Dangler is an old hippie war veteran who annoys yuppie SUV driver from Portland with close passes to the beach, dangly jumps and utter discontent for authority/conformity. Talk to him if you ever need kite repairs, he is the man. Anyone who disses the Dangler should learn the golden rule. :)

KiteKarl

Since 02 Mar 2005
213 Posts
Stockton, California
Stoked

PostMon Jul 04, 05 12:17 am     Reply with quote

I think the Dangler is gaining aliases. Laughing

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2570 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostMon Jul 04, 05 7:27 am     Reply with quote

Aw, I think that "Scriffler" may be the Gorge Redneck finally registering. He's as obsessed with high-end yuppie SUVs as I am with The D.

Cory, some say he's from the future. Some say he here to spread the true vibe of the Gorge throughout the sailing world. Search this forum on the key-word "Dangler" and you will be on the path to greater understanding and enlightenment.

Angels to some, Demons to others.

Shocked Question Twisted Evil

dangerD

Since 27 Jun 2005
223 Posts
Bingen Heights
Stoked

PostTue Jul 05, 05 9:29 am    Dangler Alliance Reply with quote

The newly formed Dangler Alliance is watching! All you bitches beware... Turn your shiny cars around and drive back to Sauvies. WE HAVE RECLAIMED OUR SPORT! Our mission is to take back our favorite spots from the urban invaders. Our tactics are guerilla. We will control the inside jumpatoriums from Stevenson to Roosevelt. All Citiots will be repelled. And when you Pro-Ho wannabes set up your Photo shoots, we will be there too! Dangling over All and blocking the lane. You have been warned. Gay Richard better get a helmet because THERE WILL BE CONTACT....

TravisBickleRex

Since 30 Jun 2005
313 Posts

Taxi Driver

PostTue Jul 05, 05 1:02 pm    ...You mean this Gay Richard?!: Reply with quote

....You mean this Gay Richard?!:
Checkout Yahoo Personals Laughing :
http://personals.yahoo.com/us/preview/preview?search=1&resulttype=1&kws=0&searchinternal=1&position=13&total=978&adid=personals-1095396823-289504&affid=&searchview=1&searchsort=1&speed=2&advanced=&primary=&searchname=
...The internet has no boundaries

Interests: Arts, Community Service, Dancing, Dining, Family, Movies, Outdoor Activities, Photography, Travel, Cooking, Gardening, Playing Sports

In my own words

...I will search and scour to find my soul mate, a companion, or a partner in crime (Hobbes to my Calvin)... ...I wish it were really that easy that I could just go looking - to will my soul in the direction of that perfect grain of sand on the beach of life... Life happens though and I am patient - because I believe I will one day come to that crossing where my soul will be perfectly touched. I don't like to think that I live with regrets - I have made mistakes and I hope/believe I have the wisdom to learn from those mistakes... I love living in Hood River - and I feel very grounded here in the Northwest - It is a magnificent blend of outdoor beauty and extreme outdoor sports playground. I do not limit myself to the Gorge, though and also spend time in Portland, play at the coast, or I take advantage of PDX and fly away. I am a 6'1" 185lb, honest, caring, compassionate, romantic; Yet, I never stray far from the silly or the ridiculous... ...I feel very fortunate for my health, my family, and friends - I spend time giving back and voluteering where I can... ...The following statement came from a card that I recieved from someone close to me and I thought it fit... ...I find you charming, amusing, practical, and always interesting; Although anal at times, you seem sufficiently well-balanced. You are kind and understanding; someone who'll always cheer people up and help them out....

I'm waiting to meet that someone who can say, "I have taken The Road less Traveled, and it has made all the difference!" I have a unique schedule and a unique life that allows me lots of time to travel and explore new places... I am a student of life and would graciously welcome a new teacher. Especially one whose interests include; skiing, snowboarding, kiteboarding, mountain biking, hiking, mountaineering, etc... My partner need not engage in every sport I do, but my soul would smile with someone at my side through the many adventures/opportunities of life... My life and my passions take me many places -and maybe there is someone who can take me places... I would be interested in someone who is foremost honest and creative, who is single, naturally beautiful, relying on little or no make-up, never married, a non-smoker and doesn't presently have children... I have posted many pictures and bared my soul and all I ask is the same in return... I would join in a heart beat to answer what I though was someone who really had potential to fit snugly into my soul... Like what you see? I'm waiting to hear from you:

Send me an Email Break the Ice for FREE!

Profile ID: personals-1095396823-289504

edb9.jpeg 

lance_k

Since 04 May 2005
561 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostTue Jul 05, 05 1:27 pm     Reply with quote

That ad can't be for real... can it?

Last edited by lance_k on Tue Jul 05, 05 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

onococo

Since 04 Jul 2005
1 Posts
Portland Oregon

PostTue Jul 05, 05 7:59 pm     Reply with quote

You make me so board. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

CoryfromTHECREW

Since 27 May 2005
57 Posts
Lakeview Oregon, or Anchorage

PostTue Jul 05, 05 9:06 pm     Reply with quote

dang onococo...thanks for stretching the thread

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
anotherGuest

Since 06 Jul 2005
2 Posts

PostWed Jul 06, 05 10:28 am    Re: ...You mean this Gay Richard?!: Reply with quote

Quote:
....You mean this Gay Richard?!:
Checkout Yahoo Personals Laughing :
http://personals.yahoo.com/us/preview/preview?search=1&resulttype=1&kws=0&searchinternal=1&position=13&total=978&adid=personals-1095396823-289504&affid=&searchview=1&searchsort=1&speed=2&advanced=&primary=&searchname=
...The internet has no boundaries

Interests: Arts, Community Service, Dancing, Dining, Family, Movies, Outdoor Activities, Photography, Travel, Cooking, Gardening, Playing Sports

In my own words

...I will search and scour to find my soul mate, a companion, or a partner in crime (Hobbes to my Calvin)... ...I wish it were really that easy that I could just go looking - to will my soul in the direction of that perfect grain of sand on the beach of life... Life happens though and I am patient - because I believe I will one day come to that crossing where my soul will be perfectly touched. I don't like to think that I live with regrets - I have made mistakes and I hope/believe I have the wisdom to learn from those mistakes... I love living in Hood River - and I feel very grounded here in the Northwest - It is a magnificent blend of outdoor beauty and extreme outdoor sports playground. I do not limit myself to the Gorge, though and also spend time in Portland, play at the coast, or I take advantage of PDX and fly away. I am a 6'1" 185lb, honest, caring, compassionate, romantic; Yet, I never stray far from the silly or the ridiculous... ...I feel very fortunate for my health, my family, and friends - I spend time giving back and voluteering where I can... ...The following statement came from a card that I recieved from someone close to me and I thought it fit... ...I find you charming, amusing, practical, and always interesting; Although anal at times, you seem sufficiently well-balanced. You are kind and understanding; someone who'll always cheer people up and help them out....

I'm waiting to meet that someone who can say, "I have taken The Road less Traveled, and it has made all the difference!" I have a unique schedule and a unique life that allows me lots of time to travel and explore new places... I am a student of life and would graciously welcome a new teacher. Especially one whose interests include; skiing, snowboarding, kiteboarding, mountain biking, hiking, mountaineering, etc... My partner need not engage in every sport I do, but my soul would smile with someone at my side through the many adventures/opportunities of life... My life and my passions take me many places -and maybe there is someone who can take me places... I would be interested in someone who is foremost honest and creative, who is single, naturally beautiful, relying on little or no make-up, never married, a non-smoker and doesn't presently have children... I have posted many pictures and bared my soul and all I ask is the same in return... I would join in a heart beat to answer what I though was someone who really had potential to fit snugly into my soul... Like what you see? I'm waiting to hear from you:

Send me an Email Break the Ice for FREE!

Profile ID: personals-1095396823-289504

$10 says he hooks up with Psycho-Barbie. Wink

TravisBickleRex

Since 30 Jun 2005
313 Posts

Taxi Driver

PostThu Jul 07, 05 8:25 am    No Helmet Reply with quote

dangerD wrote:
Pro-Ho wannabes set up your Photo shoots, we will be there too! Dangling over All and blocking the lane. You have been warned. Gay Richard better get a helmet because THERE WILL BE CONTACT....

He appeared last night at the sandbar for a professional shoot. He was not wearing a helmet. Did you two make-up? Laughing

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2570 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostThu Jul 07, 05 8:38 am    Re: ...You mean this Gay Richard?!: Reply with quote

[
$10 says he hooks up with Psycho-Barbie. Wink[/quote]

She better have some strong arms to carry all that dood's baggage! "Fit snuggly into my soul"? who is this guy, Freddy Kruger? Yikes.

4Stringer/KipWinger

Since 27 Apr 2005
541 Posts
Hood River
Addicted

PostThu Jul 07, 05 8:54 am    Perfect Touch Reply with quote

[quote=... Life happens though and I am patient - because I believe I will one day come to that crossing where my soul will be perfectly touched.[/quote]

Perhaps DangerD will be The One to perfectly touch him.

anotherGuest

Since 06 Jul 2005
2 Posts

PostThu Jul 07, 05 10:10 am    Re: ...You mean this Gay Richard?!: Reply with quote

Quote:
[
$10 says he hooks up with Psycho-Barbie. Wink

She better have some strong arms to carry all that dood's baggage! Yikes.[/quote]

As will he.

As will he.

They sound like a prefect match! Laughing Laughing

windejaculation

Since 08 Jul 2005
4 Posts
Goldendale
Kook

PostFri Jul 08, 05 10:04 am    The Dingler ????dangler whatever Reply with quote

This guy is a moron. he likes to annoy everone and is just plane disrespectful to anyone on the water. He is a pretty nice guy on land , but he did not have a party in his honor with 40 people tellng encounters of him then beating a stuffed doll of him with a golf club for nothing.

he used to just be a idiot leaning back with no hands and cut people off with his sail board. Now he's become dangerous as well as annoying in the kite world.

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2570 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostFri Jul 08, 05 11:21 am    Re: The Dingler ????dangler whatever Reply with quote

windejaculation wrote:
Now he's become dangerous as well as annoying in the kite world.

You're not only inflamatory to The D, but you claim to represent the kite world?

The Alliance is watching.

dangerD

Since 27 Jun 2005
223 Posts
Bingen Heights
Stoked

PostSun Jul 10, 05 8:19 am     Reply with quote

windejac- we at the Dangler Alliance are glad you're scared. We ARE dangerous. We will be mellow and nice to your face but out on the water, I plan to wrap my lines around you like spiderman's web and then hook my bar to a barge. Bye bye yuppie scum!!
Kip- we both know this personal ad was meant to be personal, and to attract male lovers. But it is not my love touch that he needs. Do the right thing, wingman. Talk to him. Tell him you love him
Back to the Dangler...
Us folks at the Alliance are meeting up at my cabin to write our Manifesto. We could use some more input...
What qualities make a Dangler? Any good Dangler anecdotes? Ideas for a wipika dangler logo.. (we're getting sponsered)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: