Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

WindWing and Squamish - review and pics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
railgrab

Since 29 Mar 2005
177 Posts
Seattle, WA
Stoked

PostSun Jul 03, 05 10:27 pm    WindWing and Squamish - review and pics Reply with quote

Repeat post here from kiteforum, per request! Laughing

Here's my 2 cents about how stoked Denise and I are about our new WindWings!... Having just returned from a week in Squamish, we had a great chance to test out our new quiver of Outrages. It turns out that for 6 days in a row, all we needed were the 10m and 14m, so I'll save any comments on the others for later. Thanks to the excellent depowerability of these kites, we were usually on larger kites than anyone out for our respective sizes! Denise rode the 10m exclusively all week even when guys 50-70 lbs heavier were on the same size kite! My favorite aspect of these kites with the SAFE bridle is the fact that I can ride a larger kite, which directly translates to bigger air. WindWing's CC Safe bar is modifiable for extra resistance while sheeting and allows me to hold power much longer. With this setup, my riding improved more in this 6 day stretch than ever before. I'm stoked about the confidence the CC Safe bar gives me. I set the pulleys for maximum resistance so that I can hold my power on aerials and ride out of them more powered. When the sh*t hits the fan though, I can still sheet out to depower the kite, unlike being locked into a fixed loop. BTW, I know some people don't like the extra resistance while sheeting, so WW has an alternative bar and settings for those who prefer to give their arms more of a workout...

The red stopper (see arrow) pulls away from the leading edge when sheeting way out. This allows the bridle (blue line) to pull with more tension on the inner part of the leading edge, taking more power out of the kite.

Ethan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: