Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Snowkiting This weekend?
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Sella

Since 21 Apr 2007
1794 Posts
Doin' The Dalles
FLY'IN HIGH PIE GUY

PostSat Nov 29, 14 11:18 am     Reply with quote

Thumb's Up Gettin' er done Johnny! Very cool to see your effort getting the goods!

Johnb

Since 02 Aug 2010
494 Posts

Obsessed

PostSat Nov 29, 14 6:18 pm     Reply with quote

Another fun day today. More wind today but less snow. The strong winds last night blew about 6-8 inches of snow away exposing some rocks and just covering others which resulted in a core deep gouge in my new board. Oh well the first ding is done.

I also also tore a panel on my 9.5. I was working my way to a hillside with only a small path between a gully and the elevated road. I went to back loop for some power and to get away from the gully and I didn't account for the height of the snow markers on the road.. Like 10 feet high. Bottom steering line snags and kite tomahawks on the road. Pole is in between steering line and center line, I can't relaunch kite even if I could see it. I am probably 10 feet below road level. Luckily Jacob was close by and came to my rescue. He got me relaunched but the panel tore after the first loop. I must have damaged it during the crash although Jacob said he looked over the kite before he launched it and he didn't see anything obvious.

I highly recommend Jacob for anyone interested in some guided snow kiting. He's a very cool guy and very helpful when kiting and gives out tons of tips and pointers to help you progress.

Here are a few pictures from today.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: