Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

A few airport kiting snaps from today.
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
D-Krep It Kiter

Since 18 Jul 2011
417 Posts

Obsessed

PostMon Nov 17, 14 10:05 pm     Reply with quote

jerp wrote:
[
...and sorry for the hijack
There was no hijack... getting out there is what its all about, and in the winter months you need the right gear. Like Sasquatch, I find cold hands are normally the deal breaker... I use 3mm O'Niell Psycho's that work really well, but my hands get a little tired due to their thickness. Tracy & I both have Ion Fuse drysuits that we got on sale at the Gorge Surf shop... super warm and comfortable, but I'd say nearly impossible to zip up yourself. John's right about warm core = warmer hands and feet... if your core starts to get cold, the first thing your body does is start reducing blood flow to your extremities so keeping your core warm is the key to preventing your fingers from freezing and snapping off on your bar... don't forget a neoprene hat!

jerp

Since 22 Feb 2013
450 Posts

Obsessed

PostTue Nov 18, 14 11:31 am     Reply with quote

D-Krep It Kiter wrote:
jerp wrote:
[
...and sorry for the hijack
There was no hijack... getting out there is what its all about, and in the winter months you need the right gear. Like Sasquatch, I find cold hands are normally the deal breaker... I use 3mm O'Niell Psycho's that work really well, but my hands get a little tired due to their thickness. Tracy & I both have Ion Fuse drysuits that we got on sale at the Gorge Surf shop... super warm and comfortable, but I'd say nearly impossible to zip up yourself. John's right about warm core = warmer hands and feet... if your core starts to get cold, the first thing your body does is start reducing blood flow to your extremities so keeping your core warm is the key to preventing your fingers from freezing and snapping off on your bar... don't forget a neoprene hat!

Thanks Cal. glad to hear that the 3mm Psycho's work, these are the gloves I just bought. I will try on a few drysuits next week and make a decision. Might see you out there soon

stringy

Since 23 Jun 2006
1726 Posts
vancouver
XTreme Poster

PostThu Nov 20, 14 8:55 pm     Reply with quote

rooster nuked out all week made for 4 straight days out at the airport.
had the ski out on the river so got a couple of shots with mt hood
yesterday I tried riding the foil up to the 205 bridge but the wind got gusty close to govt island so turned and burned it straight downwind for a nice ride back to broughton beach

Lurk

Since 04 Apr 2009
355 Posts

Obsessed

PostFri Nov 21, 14 11:39 am     Reply with quote

This is what COLD looks like..

6m unhooked icewater shot.jpg 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: