Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Cancun/Isla Blanca

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
kiterbiker

Since 12 Jun 2010
65 Posts

PostThu Oct 16, 14 8:19 pm    Cancun/Isla Blanca Reply with quote

Hey all,

Anyone been down to Ikarus on Isla Blanca lately? They supposedly have a restaurant there, anyone have the knowledge on pricing?(For food that is) I am considering staying there, but want to estimate all costs since its not directly in town. Or any user experiences of staying there?

How about end of November wind and expected kite size?

Whats the water temperature down there in late November/early December?:

I did a search on the forum, looked like most of the posts surrounding the area were not in late November and didn't have too much info on Ikarus kiteboarding itself.

Thanks!

bigjohn

Since 13 Mar 2012
663 Posts

Addicted

PostTue Oct 21, 14 8:19 am     Reply with quote

I was down in late February 2012.

I didn't stay there, however I did rent a board and drank their beer. I don't remember it being overly inexpensive, or expensive... Just kinda middle of the road.

If I was to guess (being as I truly can't remember), I would say board rental was around $45/day and Beer was around $3-4 as these are my general expectations.

I do remember thinking that it would be nice to stay there. We stayed in Cancun and I drove up.

Watch out for stingrays, do the suffle.

I am attaching a photo of the restaurant. It is quaint, but adequate.

IkarusRestaurantResized.jpg 

bigjohn

Since 13 Mar 2012
663 Posts

Addicted

PostTue Oct 21, 14 8:51 am     Reply with quote

I found another photo that might interest you. You can kind of see the hotel in the background.

IkarusHotelfromBeachResized.JPG 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: