Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Fall at Floras Lake

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Redbowen

Since 15 Mar 2014
14 Posts

PostTue Oct 14, 14 3:33 pm    Fall at Floras Lake Reply with quote

Looks like a nice strong south wind forecast at Floras Lake this week. Is a south wind Kite-able at Floras?

ezryder111

Since 24 Dec 2012
131 Posts
SE Portland
Stoked

PostTue Oct 14, 14 5:15 pm     Reply with quote

I was there in the spring once and we were jonesing so we tried the south wind. It was kite-able but very gusty. I was very much a beginner (still am) so it was sketchy. If you're in the area it might be worth it but I wouldn't drive several hours for it.

ezryder111

Since 24 Dec 2012
131 Posts
SE Portland
Stoked

PostTue Oct 14, 14 6:56 pm     Reply with quote

Friday's prediction: 18-37....like I said, gusty!

caps

Since 23 Dec 2010
343 Posts

Obsessed

PostTue Oct 14, 14 7:19 pm     Reply with quote

To be fair, the south winds are simply gustier there than the preferred north winds. I've had many northerly days at Floras where it's gusting 17-32...and I was stoked! If you want gusty, go try to kite Aruba at the Fisherman's huts- f'ing devil winds! I've kited Floras on both north and south. The best thing about the south winds- the lake is all to yourself! If you need your fix, go get some and report here later.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: