Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

ExplosiveKiting:the NightSky Lit-Up Like the Eye(s) of Satan
Page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
TravisBickleRex

Since 30 Jun 2005
313 Posts

Taxi Driver

PostThu Jun 30, 05 3:11 pm    ExplosiveKiting:the NightSky Lit-Up Like the Eye(s) of Satan Reply with quote

...I've always wanted to light-up a kite on the 4th of July. I'm thinking about pouring a highly flamable liquid on one of my old AR5s, launching from The Hook and kiting down to the Event Site just after the sun's gone down this 4th as people gather for the fireworks. As I approach the Event Site area, I'll take-out my flare gun and shoot the kite. It should produce an amazing burst of flame. I hope to draw the flare gun and shoot the kite while boosting big air; at the apex of the jump. Look for it. If anybody else is interested in helping, perhaps you can be the trigger man; leaving me to simply do the flame-out. I'm thinking AC/DC's 'Shot Down In Flames' would make for the right soundtrack. ...I'd like Jody Foster to see it as well. Twisted Evil
Last edited by TravisBickleRex on Fri Jul 01, 05 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total

KiteKarl

Since 02 Mar 2005
213 Posts
Stockton, California
Stoked

PostThu Jun 30, 05 7:10 pm     Reply with quote

Dude....fire.....cool........huhuhu

barfly

Since 31 Mar 2005
1210 Posts
Seaside
BRACKISH

PostFri Jul 01, 05 6:44 am     Reply with quote

Yes Travis, Yes! A refreshing light for the nwkite forum - encourage your demons and keep writing. Happy 4th to all the posse.

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2571 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostFri Jul 01, 05 7:04 am     Reply with quote

Glorius! Bam, you gotta get the pic!

P.S. You gotta get The Dangler involved somehow!

bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostFri Jul 01, 05 7:44 am     Reply with quote

Slither!

You have an obsession my man! Not sure if it is healthy or otherwise, but and obsession all the same...

Flames, death, possible dismemberment??? Where and when?

Bam

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostFri Jul 01, 05 8:01 am     Reply with quote

Slither -
Last night I was chatting with Dangler at Stevenson and he mentioned a early 90's Accord was always parked outside his house and kept following him around, you wouldn't know anything about that would you?

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2053 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostFri Jul 01, 05 8:39 am     Reply with quote

Hey make sure to fill the kite up with Hydrogen, its lighter than air and really flammable--remember the Hindenburg (sp?) It should provide you with that extra boost and affects I think your looking for. . .

colby

Since 23 Apr 2005
613 Posts
Celebrity
Photographer

PostFri Jul 01, 05 9:26 am    .. Reply with quote

the words dangler and stevenson came up so I had to join in and post this up again...

things to watch out for when launching at Stevenson
 things to watch out for when launching at Stevenson  dangleratstevenson.jpg 

TravisBickleRex

Since 30 Jun 2005
313 Posts

Taxi Driver

PostFri Jul 01, 05 1:02 pm    Heavens of Fire Will Reign Down Upon the Mighty Warriors Reply with quote

I am not to be compared to your Dangler foe. It is not about him. I envision a utopian wind community; one where all men and women of the wind are equal and not judged by the means by which they harvest the wind, but by the wind that breaks from their ass.

On a more serious note, I do like the suggestion of using hydrogen to inflate the kite. I doubt that I will be able to find some within 72 hours. Any other ideas to augment the explosiveness? Please, no more Dangler references. This is about me.

TravisBickleRex

Since 30 Jun 2005
313 Posts

Taxi Driver

PostFri Jul 01, 05 1:24 pm    Please Delete Two of the Identical Posts Reply with quote

If anyone knows how to delete posts, please delete my repeat posts. I didn't mean to multi-post. Even Travis Bickle wouldn't intend to put you through this.
Last edited by TravisBickleRex on Sun May 11, 08 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

kiteboard117

Since 02 Mar 2005
450 Posts
PDX
McLovin

PostFri Jul 01, 05 1:30 pm     Reply with quote

dousing the kite with gas or lighter fluid would probably ruin the kite before you could fly it so how about taping fireworks to it. if you use some of those mortars the thing will be very colorful when it expldes. ( idont know if you can legaly buy those in oregon but you can in WA. the two charge type (that look like peanuts) would be the coolest i think.

railgrab

Since 29 Mar 2005
177 Posts
Seattle, WA
Stoked

PostFri Jul 01, 05 4:18 pm     Reply with quote

Add a large wick for a fifth line so we can watch it burn its way to your leading edge coated with gun powder. And remember not to let the kite stall above you! Very Happy

Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostSat Jul 02, 05 10:00 am     Reply with quote

Also I would plan on lighting it off once you got to the sandbar because then once your kite was burned you could walk in instead of have to swim all the way into shore.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dr Sloth

Since 05 Mar 2005
27 Posts

PostSat Jul 02, 05 10:44 am     Reply with quote

Inept_Fun wrote:
Also I would plan on lighting it off once you got to the sandbar because then once your kite was burned you could walk in instead of have to swim all the way into shore.

ahh, just have someone as support on a jetski near you and all set.

Warning: don't fart once your kite is a-blaze, did you ever see South Park's Bigger, Longer, Uncut? Good piece of documentary about lighting farts Thumb's Up

PACK OUT YOUR TRASH!

CoryfromTHECREW

Since 27 May 2005
57 Posts
Lakeview Oregon, or Anchorage

PostSat Jul 02, 05 9:05 pm     Reply with quote

To the person who said "wick" A wick is in a candle. Candles are lame. FUSES are to things that are really cool. Like this for example. Anything that you light to make this kite go boom is a FUSE. With that being said...

Travis. You are my hero. You better get some pictures of this. This is F***ing awesome.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
tonski

Since 11 Jun 2005
332 Posts
NW Portland
Obsessed

PostTue Jul 05, 05 7:06 am     Reply with quote

Does anyone know if TravisBickleRex made it out alive, and who has the pictures? Laughing

TravisBickleRex

Since 30 Jun 2005
313 Posts

Taxi Driver

PostTue Jul 05, 05 10:52 am    I'm Sorry Reply with quote

Insert Excuse Here:
I know I let-down the kiting community by not delivering the goods, but I believe I have a valid excuse; The Priest came calling. Me and my lady friend scored last minute 6th row center tickets to the reunited Judas Priest. It was explosive metal at it's best.

Mvc-011s.jpg 

Last edited by TravisBickleRex on Wed Jul 06, 05 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: