Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

floras lake camping

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
craz z

Since 01 Dec 2008
130 Posts
Montana
Stoked

PostSat Aug 16, 14 7:21 pm    floras lake camping Reply with quote

How full does the campground get hoping to get there this week through the weekend can we take day trips to Bandon without loosing our spot and where is whiskey river this is the best place I've ever kited and am drooling to get back can't wait

Justsmile

Since 20 Jul 2009
1523 Posts
Not Portland
XTreme Poster

PostSat Aug 16, 14 7:32 pm     Reply with quote

if you arrive by about Wednesday you should have free picking for most of the spots. do not camp under the first row of trees or by the railing. the dew this time of year will wake you up thinking its raining and twenty feet away it will just be a little foggy with no rain. This is from experience and waking up saying what the f....!! better for your stuff to dry a row further away from the railing. YOu can go to bandon and whiskey run without issue also. Over the years we have camped at the KOA as they have a hot tub and pool along with a little store. It is literally only five minutes away and it is just enough inland that you get the sun the entire time when the lake is fogged in. We go every year but prefer the KOA but I love the convenience of the campground right at the lake. tough to beat the scenery but this time of year the fog and dew can play an issue. happy kiting down there.

craz z

Since 01 Dec 2008
130 Posts
Montana
Stoked

PostSat Aug 16, 14 7:39 pm     Reply with quote

I'm gonna be in a rv so not too worried I don't remember if there is any water or electricity if not no biggie the koa sounds fine how far is whiskey run is it north or south thanks dog patrol for the beta floras is a trip from montana but totally worth it the wind is terrible in the summer here typing from my phone Sorry if it's like a text

Justsmile

Since 20 Jul 2009
1523 Posts
Not Portland
XTreme Poster

PostSat Aug 16, 14 7:54 pm     Reply with quote

since you are in an RV you will want the bigger spots towards the end or center with grass!!!! whiskey run is north of floras. about 15 minutes to bandon and about another 10 min or so just north of that for the road to the beach for the DW. I don't think there is power there at the campground and I forget if they even want generators there. KOA has the variety, full power, sanitation etc. Friday and sat are busier at the KOA as you have all the weekend warriors that are bouncing from koa to koa. You can kite at the lake and work down wind- cruise over the sand bar and hop in the waves for some tacks back up wind to the top of the lake and repeat!!! you can always email will@floraslake.com and he will give you the latest wind report. I have not been but want to go for sure down to Whiskey run. IF for some reason the wind is not in in Bandon check south ie Pistol river for some sick kiting. hope this helps!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: