Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Any word on the gentleman who got yarded

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
heatheramaryllis

Since 10 Jul 2014
8 Posts

Kook

PostMon Jul 14, 14 9:05 pm    Any word on the gentleman who got yarded Reply with quote

on the sandbar today? That was awful, I just saw the second half and he really took a beating. I hope he's ok, lot's of people on top of quick response to get help, and get medical emergency crew down there. Impressive.

JeffT

Since 07 Jul 2012
238 Posts
Deep Southern Portland
Stoked

PostMon Jul 14, 14 9:45 pm     Reply with quote

taking lessons?

JadieDeLille

Since 08 Mar 2014
1 Posts

PostTue Jul 15, 14 5:23 am     Reply with quote

Heard from one of the first responders (via my coworker) that he had head lacerations (helmet saved his life) and some broken bones, although it's not clear if it's more than his arm. He is supposedly an E.R. doctor who was using some old gear and got hot launched by his buddy, flew up in the air 20-40 ft several times and dropped, finally to be drug down the beach. He probably has a severe concussion from it and hopefully will learn that lessons are a good idea....glad he didn't hurt any bystanders and hope he gets well soon.

dangler

Since 26 Feb 2006
1744 Posts
WINDY SPOTS
XTreme Poster

PostTue Jul 15, 14 10:35 am    Not to beat a dead horse.... Reply with quote

LESSONS ARE WAAAAYYYY CHEAPER THAN ER BILLS!!!!!!

Hope the guy is Okay! ER doc, eh? Def can afford lessons, ego trumps good sense?

HATE TO COME OFF AS HARSH, BUT AVOIDABLE KITE ACCIDENTS KINDA PISS ME OFF!! i KNOW BECAUSE I'VE HAD A FEW. RESPECT THE POWER OF THE KITE !!!

Heal up, brother! Then call Cascade Kiteboarding!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: