Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Loyalty in question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
IN Cog Neet

PostTue Jun 28, 05 12:09 pm    Loyalty in question Reply with quote

I must post this in pure anonymity and against my gut instinct but it must be said...

WHAT: Downwinder asskicking in light winds and all of a 4-7' swell

WHEN: 6/27 4-7pm PDT

WHERE: An undisclosed South jetty to an undisclosed wreck of a 19th century barque

WHO: Slingshot Machine riders vs. undisclosed kite manufacturer rider

DETAILS: First, to all kite manufacturers... Slingshot dominates representation on the N. Oregon coast. There are few exceptions if you care.

I'm about 175lbs and flew a 19m setup w/a 5th line. 3 Slingshot riders ranging from about my weight to about 230lbs. All SS riders on 17.5m Machines. Everyone had boards in the 135cm range. All seasoned riders.

Though we were all powered enough to have a f**king blast (winds were light but the waves were tasty and sizeable- one of the better coastal sessions of the year by far), the SS riders clearly were a bit more powered and had smaller kites. I had to pump more both on the beach and in the water Sad . The Machine is making me second guess my loyalties and the fact that one rider was pretty big kindof solidifies it for me... for light winds, the Machine rules. I've been sailing with these guys for awhile and never though much of the Machine other than it had some nice gizmos. They are not gizmos, the Machine is the best light wind kite on the market, period (IMHO).

Late.

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2053 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostWed Jun 29, 05 8:11 am     Reply with quote

Wombat, come out clean, don't be afraid to express your true feelings about your current brand of kites. Razz

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostWed Jun 29, 05 8:33 am     Reply with quote

Buncha Machines out at Sauvies the other night when the wind was flakey/light. Thanks to Trevor who let me borrow his for a couple hours. They have serious bug-fart wind potential, and are an awesome platform for wakestyle jumps, take a bit to get used to though.

schenk

Since 29 Jun 2005
2 Posts

PostWed Jun 29, 05 10:54 am     Reply with quote

I was able to ride the machine as a prototype in South Padre and thought it to very stable, but incredible slow??? I have flown other brands from 18m to 25m and the machine was definitely the slowest moving. As mentioned you need to get used to the kite???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: