Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Way East Gorge Sites???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
mikes

Since 13 Mar 2005
90 Posts
B'Ham

PostMon Jun 27, 05 5:40 pm    Way East Gorge Sites??? Reply with quote

I'm working the next few days in the Tri-Cities, and hope to sneak away for a quick sesh Tues (and maybe Wed), anyone kited spots way east? I'm talking east of Roosevelt, I could drive one side of the river or the other but don't want have a lot of time to explore. I just might end up at Roosevelt tomorrow afternoon, I've been there and it's pretty sweet for kiting as far as the Gorge goes, but I'd like to keep the driving to a minimum, gotta work too...

Mike S

mikes

Since 13 Mar 2005
90 Posts
B'Ham

PostTue Jun 28, 05 9:19 pm     Reply with quote

The answer is Crow Butte Park, it's about 15min East of Roosevelt, looked nice but the wind was light, I knew Roosy was winder so I drove there instead of waiting for it to come up, which it did and it looked kiteable a Crow Butte when I drove back to the Dry Shities.

I did spy a big sandy beach on the OR side, from what I could tell it was in the town of Boardman, and it looked like it ought to have clean wind but I was on the other side of the river so who knows

Mike S

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostTue Jun 28, 05 9:36 pm     Reply with quote

I've heard Boardman has some good riding, no first hand experience though...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: