Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Cable Park Shelved
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Trent

Since 10 May 2012
76 Posts
Hood River

PostSun Oct 07, 12 12:26 pm     Reply with quote

You're right. I don't get it. That's what I've been trying to tell you guys. So, since YOU obviously get it, please tell me so that I can get it too.

pjc

Since 06 Mar 2005
649 Posts

Addicted

PostSun Oct 07, 12 12:40 pm     Reply with quote

Sella told you - Naitos will just walk away with their checkbook and find somebody who wants their money.

Now is perhaps the best time in the last 2 decades to build stuff (maybe 4 decades), because of low interest rates, low real estate prices, and builders willing to strike deals to get some work.

Naitos has to run a business. He will sit on his hands while this once-in-a-generation window closes and the various "stakeholders" natter on about "what their community really means".

No.

Trent

Since 10 May 2012
76 Posts
Hood River

PostSun Oct 07, 12 12:51 pm     Reply with quote

So, we're just supposed to just kiss Naito's a$$ and hope they decide to grace us with their Hampton? No thank you.

pjc

Since 06 Mar 2005
649 Posts

Addicted

PostSun Oct 07, 12 12:54 pm     Reply with quote

i have found if you want someone else's money (directly or indirectly) puckering up a bit is helpful, but your mileage may vary

wakeup

Since 11 Sep 2005
328 Posts
always
Obsessed

PostSun Oct 07, 12 3:52 pm     Reply with quote

if there is no hotel built there will be no improvements to the basin. Without the tax revenue from the hotel there will be no money for improvements.

it's pretty easy to understand

the city and the port want the hotel for the money and jobs that it will bring to the economy.

Trent

Since 10 May 2012
76 Posts
Hood River

PostSun Oct 07, 12 4:01 pm     Reply with quote

Naito ain't going nowhere.

forrest

Since 21 Jun 2005
4329 Posts
Hood River
Hick

CGKA Member

PostSun Oct 07, 12 7:42 pm     Reply with quote

Trent, quit being such a fucking troll. I'm not going waste time explaining what I already explained in the first paragraph of my last post. If you still don't get it, go to a meeting, talk to Arthur/Jon and learn this shit for yourself. It's not rocket science.

pjc

Since 06 Mar 2005
649 Posts

Addicted

PostSun Oct 07, 12 7:43 pm     Reply with quote

sure he won't, it's not like we are now seeing a bottom in the real estate market, combined with low interest rates, and a virtual guarentee that inflation will roar down the road.

I'm sure Naitos feels no pressure at all to take advantage of the current economic climate and will be happy to park his down payment in shot term T Bills yielding 0.5% while you sort out your feelings.

edit - Trent is funny, he's not a troll, he's like that Gene Hackman character in the movie Get Shorty ....

Trent

Since 10 May 2012
76 Posts
Hood River

PostMon Oct 08, 12 8:24 am     Reply with quote

Troll? Dude, Wakeup was the one that pulled me back into this thread by replying to comments that I made on the Hood River News article on this forum instead of the HR News forum. Still not sure why he did that but whatever.

So this is where you explained it?

Quote:
"It was the threat of 3 to 5 years of litigation against hotel/office building from the "Friends" if the Port approved the cable park, vs. the "Friends" shutting down a very well funded developer and the fear of no other developer/business entrepreneurs feeling like Hood River is a safe enough place to establish a business. The "Friends" took the whole project hostage, literally."

That's a pretty dramatic interpretation, don't you think?

Again, Naito isn't going anywhere. They've got way too much time and money invested in this project to just slap a "For Sale" sign up on their property and give up. No way, no how. If they gave up that easily they would have never built any of the projects they've done in Portland. Sure, they'll "imply" that they will take their money elsewhere but that's just posturing. That's how that business works. They'll build the hotel regardless of what the Port decides to do with the cable park proposal.

I can almost guarantee that Naito has gone up against much tougher opposition in their Portland waterfront projects than what the "Friends" have offered here. Again, that's just how this game works.

Forrest, you've been saying this whole time that you just want to have discussions about all of this, then complaining that no one want to have those discussions. Well, here I am wanting to have a genuine discussion and your reply is "...go learn this shit for yourself. It's not rocket science" ??? Weak.

And lastly, that same post where you "explained" all of this...you also posted the URL to the Business Entity Data for the "Friends." Dude, what are you trying to stir up with that? Sure, that document is public and anyone could search it out and access it but posting a document that contains the home addresses of your opposition on to a forum where anger and emotions are high is just irresponsible. You need to be bigger than that, Forrest. Especially if you want to continue to play a leadership role in advocating for change in this town.

soundwave

Since 02 Jul 2010
21 Posts
Astoria

PostMon Oct 08, 12 8:49 am     Reply with quote

Quote:
document is public and anyone could search it out and access it but posting a document that contains the home addresses of your opposition on to a forum

Why shouldn't their home addresses be posted? These "friends" think they are above everyone and we are the minions beneath them. These DICTATOR minded people will not play fair and nice or by the rules... Selfish people will do anything to win and get their way PERIOD>>>>>

You ever argue with a stupid person about what is logical and makes perfect easy sense? What happens is you don't get anywhere and they don't ever understand, their just not capable of it. Thery just get pissed and mean like a toddler having a temper tantrom. Thats what these "friends" are like.
Post their home address and lets play hard ball and dirty and not give in to the blackmail game they are beating us with. When dealing with a small group of dictators you can't be nice and pretend to be civilized cause you lose everytime. Fight fire with fire or get burned and roll over.
There are ways to strong arm these people back if your cunning and mean........And this lets be nice and not call them out " FOR WHAT THEY TRULY ARE" is feeding into their hands. Like the lawyer, Its a fact he is a proven liar, so refer to him by what he is, a lying douche bag.

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostMon Oct 08, 12 10:14 am     Reply with quote

Trent, get off it. It's impossible to have a discussion with you. Doesn't matter what facts or arguments are presented, you just ignore them. That's why you're a troll. You live in your own little world where everything is interpreted in the way you want life to be. You're too stupid to even apologize for what even YOU should see is the appearance of laughing at the thought of lower income kids getting to share in the bounty of Hood River water sports.

I'm really curious Trent, how exactly do you "serve" the community of Hood River? You claimed in a previous post that you served the community every day. Are you a police officer? A teacher? A fire fighter? Perhaps you have a redeeming virtue... Why do I get the feeling that your idea of "service" and mine differ? Just a feeling, I really don't know. Care to enlighten us?

Trent

Since 10 May 2012
76 Posts
Hood River

PostMon Oct 08, 12 10:19 am     Reply with quote

Nak, by your standard it turns out that I do have a redeeming quality. And I think you and I do have the same idea of what "Service" means. That said, my employers are not involved with this tread or issue and it's not appropriate for me to bring them into it here.

pjc

Since 06 Mar 2005
649 Posts

Addicted

PostMon Oct 08, 12 10:34 am     Reply with quote

unless you have some inside contact with Naitos you shouldn't come on here and tell us with authority what they will do.

certainly the scheme laid out by sella seems realistic to me, and I have probably sat in bars bullsh!tting with millionaires more than you have (not bragging, just saying, in my experience, people who are skilled with spinning money out of money have zero emotional investment in "seeing things through"... sunk costs mean nothing)

forrest

Since 21 Jun 2005
4329 Posts
Hood River
Hick

CGKA Member

PostMon Oct 08, 12 10:37 am     Reply with quote

Trent, goto a meeting. I do not need your approval or care what your opinion is of my actions. You're efforts to stir up shit suck.

If I've done anything wrong I'm sure the "Friends" will sue me for it.

SalmonSlayer

Since 27 Nov 2005
648 Posts

Addicted

CGKA Member

PostMon Oct 08, 12 11:11 am     Reply with quote

Forrest wrote:
If I've done anything wrong I'm sure the "Friends" will sue me for it.

Forrest,

You set the bar too high. "Friends" groups will not wait until you have done something "wrong" by any common sense standard. You just need to violate their hypersensitive intolerant view of how things should be in this world.

I am enjoying Trents posts. The more he posts, the more he exposes the mindset of useful idiots that will stop at nothing to further their view. I hope this will make others think twice before jumping on a "friends" bandwagon on other issues in the future.

pjc

Since 06 Mar 2005
649 Posts

Addicted

PostMon Oct 08, 12 11:27 am     Reply with quote

since this topic is already so far OT perhaps SalmonSlayer has an opinion on the 2012 ballot initatives? Isn't there a fishing initiative on there?

Trent

Since 10 May 2012
76 Posts
Hood River

PostMon Oct 08, 12 11:54 am     Reply with quote

Oh dude, don't even get me started on fishing.... Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: