Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Cable Park Shelved
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
chrissmack

Since 08 Jun 2005
515 Posts
portland
Addicted

PostMon Nov 12, 12 3:54 pm     Reply with quote

On Nov. 14 at 5 p.m. we will meet to vote and answer the question: “Should the Port enter negotiations with NBW regarding their cable park proposal?” This is not a vote to approve the details of their plan, merely a first step to decide if a cable park is in the best interests of our community.

is this still on for wednesday? any rumors?

nicorico

Since 13 Sep 2012
23 Posts
Hood River

PostMon Nov 12, 12 5:00 pm     Reply with quote

chrissmack wrote:
On Nov. 14 at 5 p.m. we will meet to vote and answer the question: “Should the Port enter negotiations with NBW regarding their cable park proposal?” This is not a vote to approve the details of their plan, merely a first step to decide if a cable park is in the best interests of our community.

is this still on for wednesday? any rumors?

Yes. Although their site does not reflect that reschedule from the 13th to the 14th. I'll triple check to be sure...

-n

nicorico

Since 13 Sep 2012
23 Posts
Hood River

PostMon Nov 12, 12 5:02 pm     Reply with quote

http://portofhoodriver.com/PDFs/111412%20Agenda.pdf

It seems it's on for the 14th.

K2

Since 30 Apr 2009
274 Posts
Hood River, OR
Obsessed

PostWed Nov 14, 12 11:15 am     Reply with quote

I don't understand what I can do tonight to show my support. The list whoever posted above me says at the top:

"Agenda Item: Proposed Nichols Basin Cable Park Lease
 Staff Analysis
 Numeric Summary of Public Input
 Commission Discussion/Action
(Note: Public Testimony will not be taken)"

And then below that:

"2. Public Comment (5 minutes per person per subject; 30 minute limit)"

I think I'll sit this meeting out, I wrote the port and they were really cool about everything so I'm just going to cross my fingers big time.

Having a cable park would be so rad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nicorico

Since 13 Sep 2012
23 Posts
Hood River

PostWed Nov 14, 12 12:33 pm     Reply with quote

Public comment on the cable park will not be taken any longer (written or in person). The public comment referenced in the agenda is for comment on the rest of the agenda items or non-cable park related stuff.

The best thing you can do to show your support besides writing a letter, is to just show up and be there. It might not seem like much, but it goes a long way. Plus you get to see and hear what happens first hand.

-n

nicorico

Since 13 Sep 2012
23 Posts
Hood River

PostThu Nov 15, 12 9:14 am     Reply with quote

Well folks, the cable park will not be going in the Basin. As many have already heard, the port voted 4-1 last night against entering in to negotiations with the Naitos.

http://www.hoodrivernews.com/news/2012/nov/14/port-says-no-tocable-park/

I'd like to thank everyone for their amazing support. The numbers were pretty much 50/50 on public comment/testimony for and against. I believe the numbers were ~610 to ~630 unique individuals respectively. Unfortunately, when the numbers were filtered locally there was a big gap in support, where the majority was in fact against.

I want to commend the port on their process and transparency and really hope the community is able to absorb what Mr. Davies pointed out so strongly at the meeting in regards to the 'Friends' and their actions. He had some very critical and damning things to say on how they have conducted themselves in this process. All of which I strongly agree with. However, given the result, I'm sure this will be like disciplining your child verbally, but then still giving them their desert anyways. The words go in one ear and out the other.

It's a bummer, but that's how it went down so moving on.

Thanks all,

-Nic

Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostThu Nov 15, 12 9:34 am     Reply with quote

The friends are a bunch of ass clowns. These tools aren't even from Hood River and act like they know best for our town. GTFO!

How many of you hypocritical ass wipes go and ride meadows every winter?? You are despicable. Good luck getting future developers interested in doing shit with hood river, everyone is going to say fuck that place a bunch of clowns are going to try and sue us if we try and build anything over there.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
pjc

Since 06 Mar 2005
649 Posts

Addicted

PostThu Nov 15, 12 3:15 pm     Reply with quote

well, nice try guys.

At least one of the HR kite shops was on the "anti" side, no?

Which one was it, for future (lack of) gear purchases?

Sol-flyer

Since 21 Mar 2006
1280 Posts
Dude, where's my Bus?
Otto Mann

PostFri Nov 16, 12 8:37 am     Reply with quote

I am very disapointed about the port's decision. This would have been a great benefit to this community.

Looks like Redding, CA. just opened up a new cable park https://www.facebook.com/ReddingWakeboardAndSkiPark

nicorico

Since 13 Sep 2012
23 Posts
Hood River

PostFri Nov 16, 12 9:20 am     Reply with quote

Yes it sux.

Monroe, WA is trying to get one going as well...

http://www.monroemonitor.com/2012/10/09/monroe-citizen-appeals-cable-park-decision/

Looks like they are in an appeal hearing at this moment...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring-a-wakeboard-cable-park-to-Tye-Lake-in-Monroe/109452039165356

So that could be awesome Smile

Occupied Columbia

Since 12 Nov 2011
376 Posts
Columbia City
Obsessed

PostSat Jan 26, 13 9:32 am     Reply with quote

I'm probably beating a dead horse. But I had this Idea for a kite style cable park.
Maybe something unique that compliments the wind lifestyle of Hood River could get things moving again.
It's just a rough sketchup. But I think you will get the Idea.

you pull on the bar evenly and it switches on the cable motor and pulls you forward.

you pull on the bars left side and it switches on the trolley motor and pulls to the left and also pulls slightly forward with the cable motor.

you pull on the bars right side and it switches on the trolley motor and pulls to the right and also pulls slightly forward with the cable motor.

you can unhook the chicken loop and it will pull hard until you load and pop. When the lines go a little slack the motor would slow but not stop (like the kite is drifting) after an unhooked jump.
If you hook back in before the motor catches up no prob. if you take too long it powers back up and you'll have to turn your board down wind to hook in.

kitestyle cable parkv2.jpg 

The minnow

Since 26 Jan 2009
395 Posts
argentina
Obsessed

PostSat Jan 26, 13 12:44 pm    cable park overdose< argentina> Reply with quote

red tape,lies, dreams,
When you all start talkin about a cable on nwkite I dont think argentina had one. at least not open to the public.
Down here they put in a lot of cables, one next door to the other?haha ah
Sure I went once and got my butt handed to me on a plate. the cable is a asskicker. Just got to rub it in your face a little,
sure one put in a flowrider , and a skate mega ramp.
flowrider hurts you fall hard on that baby.
argentina is a very agressive country and more like russia, or cuba,
communism every day, you want a cable commrad .
ones called biasrex, buenos aries ridding complec,then the others I forrget?
D>P>

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: