Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Cable Park Shelved
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
quenyaistar

Since 21 Oct 2011
416 Posts
Cougar, WA
Obsessed

PostThu Oct 18, 12 9:59 am     Reply with quote

How bout one of these in the basin

284127_481727468534663_2010873098_n.jpg 

pjc

Since 06 Mar 2005
649 Posts

Addicted

PostThu Oct 18, 12 11:00 am     Reply with quote

ok the first rule of trampoline safety is one person jumping at a time, and at most one spotter, who is not jumping, so that bridge is a really bad idea.

I'm stunned that Naitos is staying in there and apparently I was 100% wrong in implying they were looking for a PR friendly exit from this briar patch.

Forrest for President, Naitos for vice-president, I'm writing them in.

registered

Since 12 Jul 2005
1319 Posts
tsunami
Sandbagger

PostFri Oct 19, 12 11:56 am     Reply with quote

I am glad for less development it would hinder the gold mining vac diving operation were planning.

I heard fish were afraid of kayaks and standup paddles because they thought they were going to be prey.

this topic needs its own forum. Wink

nicorico

Since 13 Sep 2012
23 Posts
Hood River

PostFri Oct 19, 12 4:02 pm     Reply with quote

http://www.hoodrivernews.com/news/2012/oct/19/nichols-basin-plan-verge-collapse/

forrest

Since 21 Jun 2005
4329 Posts
Hood River
Hick

CGKA Member

PostFri Oct 19, 12 4:49 pm     Reply with quote

"Friends" of an inanimate object, I know you read this forum, defended your actions! Convince us that it isn't all about Money...

You'd make a lot of people in this community pretty angry if Brent gets to make personal money, or you guys walk away with a money, at the expense of the supporters of the cable park.

wakeup

Since 11 Sep 2005
328 Posts
always
Obsessed

PostSat Oct 20, 12 2:03 am     Reply with quote

I cant even believe that the people of hood river would let a person like Brent Foster live here...
This guy should be run out of town.
Wants to declare war on our town, against the mayor, against the port. This is a bad joke that is costing our community a lot of time, and time equals money.

And now he wants to make things confidential so that no one knows how much he stands to make off of his "pro bono" work that he is doing for the "enemies of the hood river waterfront"- A group that seldom, if ever, uses the waterfront

What a joke
a big bad joke

And $1.2M for pedestrian and bike paths?!!!??? WTF!!! Are the curbs lined with gold? WTF is this world coming to??!!!

Sella

Since 21 Apr 2007
1794 Posts
Doin' The Dalles
FLY'IN HIGH PIE GUY

PostSat Oct 20, 12 11:54 am     Reply with quote

wakeup wrote:
And $1.2M for pedestrian and bike paths?!!!??? WTF!!! Are the curbs lined with gold? WTF is this world coming to??!!!

Not the world.....just the USA. Time is money so the confidentiality request and reasoning for it is so asinine it sheds light on the tactical power tripping......and possibly more about national publicity over pro-bono at this point for Foster. Brent's listing of groups he swings his sword with goes beyond HR when you threaten people at the Federal level. That is why Duckwall got so pissed...because it's territory entities can only defense by throwing countless staff hours and money at because they have to recognize and respond to every shit sandwich no matter how it's served.....and it's a brutal time killer when those guys have other jobs that still need attention. Fosters is a template for slowdown tactics and why $1.2M for sidewalks is reality because of future litigation repercussions.

When the "Friends" selected the one thing (move the building) that they knew for sure would be a deal breaker it clearly shouts they don't give a shit about any Port development or city improvement. They just want to see if they can stop the whole thing. Naito's will sit back and let it go to LUBA at this point.

From the article...

While Naito said the placement of the building and other issues were not negotiable, Foster said the Friends, Northwest Environmental Defense Fund and Center for Biological Diversity would not surrender their right to appealing federal or state regulatory decisions on the project that they felt did not enforce adequate environmental protections.

#That drew the ire of Port Commission member Fred Duckwall, who told Foster it was not “your job to enforce” the endangered species or clean water act.

#“It absolutely is my job to enforce it. I understand your position but it is a public document and the Corps asked for public comment and they either do their job and enforce the law, and if they enforce it, great; and if they don’t, my clients have the right to say ‘Hey, you didn’t do your job right.’

#“If we want to reserve the right to challenge the decision later we don’t have to include a buffer in this, but that doesn’t get you anywhere; because if in the end they make a decision and it’s a bad decision my clients are not just going to say ‘Oh, okay, we trust the Corps to do their job,’” Foster said. “Nothing against federal agencies, but often they don’t always do exactly what the law requires.”
[b]

The ultimate spin doctor making sure everyone is playing by the rules. Scary shit when you really think about the long term ripple effect this anti-development mentality brings to resort town's trying to carve a deeper niche' in tourism revenue.

forrest

Since 21 Jun 2005
4329 Posts
Hood River
Hick

CGKA Member

PostTue Oct 23, 12 3:28 pm     Reply with quote

And... It's no longer shelved. The "Plaintiffs of the Waterfront" have screwed around too long, the Cable Park application is back no the table with the Port of Hood River.

Write your letters: porthr@gorge.net

wakeup

Since 11 Sep 2005
328 Posts
always
Obsessed

PostTue Oct 23, 12 11:53 pm     Reply with quote

sweet!!
thats what i am talking about
"If you tell me I can't, I will show you how I will."

genek

Since 21 Jul 2006
2165 Posts
East Po
KGB

PostWed Oct 24, 12 9:12 am     Reply with quote

I wrote an email to the port. Come on guys. Let's show our support! Even a quick blurb would count towards the pro cable side.

Jonpnw

Since 22 Jul 2010
1322 Posts
Pacific Northwest
XTreme Poster

PostWed Oct 24, 12 9:48 am     Reply with quote

email sent.

Join the Columbia Gorge Water Sports Association. http://gorgewindsurfing.org/

Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostWed Oct 24, 12 9:54 am     Reply with quote

I hope this move by the enemies will cause some of their once supporters to come to our side. I know the Kayak Shed wants that hotel to go in, maybe a compromise for a dual use cable/sup kayak area should be in the works??? Just throwing it out there...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jonpnw

Since 22 Jul 2010
1322 Posts
Pacific Northwest
XTreme Poster

PostWed Oct 24, 12 10:18 am     Reply with quote

Inept,

I like the way you think. BUT there is room to SUP/Kayak under the current plan.

In any case, make a plan that works for all.

I would like to try white water kayaking someday, the Kayak Shed could actually gain business from having increased activity in the basin.

forrest

Since 21 Jun 2005
4329 Posts
Hood River
Hick

CGKA Member

PostWed Oct 24, 12 10:43 am     Reply with quote

Not to mention the plan ($2,000,000 from Urban Renewal in Basin improvements) that the Mayor and Port President came up with would still work with the cable park.

chrissmack

Since 08 Jun 2005
515 Posts
portland
Addicted

PostFri Oct 26, 12 11:21 am     Reply with quote

Bump

e-mail sent

pjc

Since 06 Mar 2005
649 Posts

Addicted

PostFri Oct 26, 12 12:09 pm     Reply with quote

email sent (advocating both for cableparks and vaccination Laughing )

Jonpnw

Since 22 Jul 2010
1322 Posts
Pacific Northwest
XTreme Poster

PostFri Oct 26, 12 12:14 pm     Reply with quote

The port even replied back. Very Happy I think they are stoked too !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: