Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

OT: Job recs at the company I work for, C-COR. c-cor.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Dr Sloth

Since 05 Mar 2005
27 Posts

PostSat Jun 18, 05 8:25 am    OT: Job recs at the company I work for, C-COR. c-cor.com Reply with quote

If you have any interest, PM me and I can get you information. These are real jobs in the computer/cable/telco industry. The company is looking for qualified individuals for full-time positions with full benifits. I just want to be able to share this information with the kiting community. It would also be cool to have someone else at this company who kites!

Most of the positions are for the service/support dept. that are for support engineers. There are some field engineering jobs available as well.

The job requires a very good to high knowledge of UNIX. As well, cable headend experience in OnDemand Media services for mpeg2 delivery, VOD, SVOD, PVR, DVR is a plus. Digital Ad Insertion is another segment of the business. Gige IP transport or ASI/DVB transport of mpeg video knowledge is also a plus.

I do know that education is preferred but it has been my experience that it is not required. This will completely depend on the job candidate.

Positions are primarily located out of Beaverton, OR.

I do not work for HR but may or may not have something to do with part of an interviewing process. My experience is that the company does expect a lot from you but they are willing to pay good for those expectations. The company is looking to fill positions quickly.

PACK OUT YOUR TRASH!

Last edited by Dr Sloth on Sat Jun 18, 05 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostSat Jun 18, 05 1:00 pm     Reply with quote

Aww man are you guys going to start injecting ads into my PVR? Wink

Dr Sloth

Since 05 Mar 2005
27 Posts

PostSat Jun 18, 05 4:01 pm     Reply with quote

Twisted Evil

money makes the world go 'round

PACK OUT YOUR TRASH!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: