Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Amery Bernard...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostFri Jun 17, 05 9:03 am    Amery Bernard... Reply with quote

Man, just broke the "A" rule... But, I have been trying to get a good shot of Amery for some time and had to share... Check out his hands on the bar, or not on the bar in this instance...

Enjoy... Bam

Check out the hands!  Caught him at the exact moment of the actual handle pass...
 Check out the hands! Caught him at the exact moment of the actual handle pass...  postemery.jpg 

tonski

Since 11 Jun 2005
332 Posts
NW Portland
Obsessed

PostFri Jun 17, 05 10:42 am     Reply with quote

Amazing shot, wow!? Do you have your own web page yet with galleries? Stupid question probably, but what is the "A" rule? Tonski

PostFri Jun 17, 05 10:58 am     Reply with quote

Hey Tonski...

The "A" rule is that I don't usually post my better shots up on a freebie web forum... Magazines and Manufactures don't want photo's that are already out there in circulation...

Check me out at www.jbamphoto.com... Right now this is pretty much a hobby, but hopefully slowly and surely I will re-develop my eye (used to be heavily into photography, dark room printing, and such back in college), post processing skills (photoshop is one deep program), and published exposure... From there... who knows, but one of the guys I really look up to (Richard Hallman) has just gone full-pro, and you can link to his website from mine. Lance's link is there too, and he also does some kick ass work.

In the bigger picture I think that Kiteboarding/Windsurfing, and the NW area rock and I post pictures for Phillip to stoke out our local water/wind community... From what I have been seeing come from Ethan and now Lance, hopefully I am getting other photographers to kick down some luv to the local peeps.

Kite and Click on, Bammer

tonski

Since 11 Jun 2005
332 Posts
NW Portland
Obsessed

PostFri Jun 17, 05 12:10 pm     Reply with quote

Cool, keep on clickin' - your pictures are inspiring and I like the signature. Dano and I are really into underwater photography with diving and hope to keep improving techniques and getting better results. Tonski

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostFri Jun 17, 05 4:23 pm     Reply with quote

Amery is an unbelievable kiter, and he's also one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. Thumb's Up

PostFri Jun 17, 05 10:41 pm     Reply with quote

dingle dangle

KiteKarl

Since 02 Mar 2005
213 Posts
Stockton, California
Stoked

PostSat Jun 18, 05 2:09 am     Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
dingle dangle

Must be a frustrated windsurfer.

PostSat Jun 18, 05 6:14 am     Reply with quote

Keep your day job!

The average sports photographer out there not working directly with SI makes around $30K after expenses. These folks are busting their ass working 60 plus hour weeks not including travel.

Believe it or not, the best way to make money in sports photography at the moment is to shoot youth sports. Parents have money and are willing to spend it on a great photo of little Johnny.

See you at the soccer field!

KiteKarl

Since 02 Mar 2005
213 Posts
Stockton, California
Stoked

PostSat Jun 18, 05 8:13 am     Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
go drop turds on someone elses birthday cake you pedophile

Question Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: