Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Windwing Review and photo - Outrage 10m

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
railgrab

Since 29 Mar 2005
177 Posts
Seattle, WA
Stoked

PostWed Jun 15, 05 9:03 am    Windwing Review and photo - Outrage 10m Reply with quote

Ok, I've dialed in my 10m Outrage, complete with Cruise Control CC bar, and I am loving it! This kite does everything I've expected from it
and more. First of all, the internal bridle system is an ingenious way of maintaining a 4 line setup while increasing the ability to
depower. I highly recommend that you install this bridle BEFORE you head to the beach. It took me quite a while to get it set up, but I am
sure glad that it's working. Now, when I sheet out fully, the front brake lines place tension on the inner battens, effectively taking more
wind out of the kite. With this additional ability to depower, I now found myself riding the 10m, when everyone else was on 7-8m in
Hatteras. Believe me, while my kite was pumped up on the beach, this created quite a few comments from other kiters who were certain that I
was a crazy 180lb kook or some kind of aggro pro. Believe me, I am nota pro Smile. BTW, I am also not affiliated with Windwing and bought my
kites online.

The real fun begins out on the water. Despite the added horsepower at my fingertips, I am able to control this kite well without
tiring, largely thanks to the CC Safe bar. Though you can adjust the tension on the depower pulleys, I like to keep the tension as high as
possible. This allows me to hold the power in the kite on liftoff and also keeps my forearms from tiring during long sessions. Once you get
used to this type of bar, your others will seem 'loose' and take so much more energy when sheeting in. I have little doubt that there will
be more and more WindWings on the water as riders see the big air and glides which this setup invokes. I assume that there are many more
WW's out at the Gorge this year? BTW Windwing, I assume that the CC bar can be flown with other 4 line kite brands? I am stoked, and as you
can see from the pic below, so is Denise who boosted higher than ever the first time she touched this kite. Feel free to check out our kites
or ask me about the bridle system when you see us at the beach...
seeya, Ethan.

PostWed Jun 15, 05 7:16 pm     Reply with quote

not trying to be negative, but I'm having trouble relaunching in deep water? I have rage II and can't relaunch kite?

kt

Since 16 Mar 2005
759 Posts
Portland, Or
Opinionated

PostThu Jun 16, 05 8:40 am     Reply with quote

hey ethan,

i have an outrage 12 that i am having trouble depowering. how did you set up the SAFE system on yours? was it the standard way in the instructions or did you change it somehow? i have talked with others about running the lines on the outside of the kite and not putting the loop into the LE ring but, am curious to your findings.

thanks
kt

railgrab

Since 29 Mar 2005
177 Posts
Seattle, WA
Stoked

PostThu Jun 16, 05 2:02 pm     Reply with quote

KT, I've set up my system as described in the photo manual. I've read that you can depower easier by wrapping the line around the metal rings on the wingtips one fewer times, but I've never tried that. With my standard setup, I am able to significantly depower the kite, but I certainly can't depower it 100%. WindWing has a forum on its web site where the WindWing staff is very good about responding to questions like yours...
Ethan

kt

Since 16 Mar 2005
759 Posts
Portland, Or
Opinionated

PostFri Jun 17, 05 1:11 pm     Reply with quote

hey ethan,

yeah, i have posted and got a quick response from WW on what i described. i was just curious about your findings.

thanks.
kt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: