Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

kiteboarding access at Rufus
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  

PostThu Jun 02, 05 7:23 am     Reply with quote

I hope we can maintain access at Rufus. It's a great spot. Not sure what the best launch spot is. There are pros and cons to all of these. Maybe we should ask the park patrol where they want us to be, and then self-enforce it.

If we do lose access, the slick is always available. My first kite session there was April 2000, on a 2-line Wipika classic 5.0. You just go to the Wall, then drive another 2.7 miles down the gravel road. There is a smooth round rock beach very similar to Rufus that goes for miles. At that spot you can get small chop, or full glass, but unfortunately, you don't get the big Rufus swells. The flat water and current is pretty fun, though.

Spencer

sugar

Since 28 Apr 2005
5 Posts

Kook

PostThu Jun 02, 05 8:16 am     Reply with quote

wow, you dumbass jerks that are dissing wives and kids are so egocentric. grow up- do you think windsurfing and kiting are the only worthy things in life? Fuck you, I don't even think you would understand, you've already shown us your lack of brain capacity, but just know that their will always be wives and children, you were a child (maybe still are) and they have been coming to Rufus to recreate long before windsurfing and kiting, and kiters need to be responsible with this in mind. THE WORLD DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND YOU. Evil or Very Mad

PostThu Jun 02, 05 8:23 am     Reply with quote

Is sugar a stage name?

PostThu Jun 02, 05 9:16 am     Reply with quote

if you don't let your kids play in traffic why would you let them play where kites are launching and landing. sounds to me like some very poor parenting going on there.

coldplay

PostThu Jun 02, 05 9:18 am     Reply with quote

Were you homo's grown in a lab?

It's fags like boosty and skip that get these places banned because of their shit for brains attitude. I've never seen so much disrespect for women and children as I've seen from some in the kiting community.

You jerkoffs have no soul.

bandito

Since 07 May 2005
178 Posts

Photographer

PostThu Jun 02, 05 9:29 am     Reply with quote

coldplay you may want to change your username to HOMOPHOBE!

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostThu Jun 02, 05 10:11 am     Reply with quote

Okay I think we have finally broken the cherry on the flaming posts on this site, phew! Does anyone else need a cigarette?

Now lets all cool off, I prescribe 3 hour kite session for everyone here, STAT! Thumb's Up

railgrab

Since 29 Mar 2005
177 Posts
Seattle, WA
Stoked

PostThu Jun 02, 05 12:05 pm     Reply with quote

Anon wrote...
Anonymous wrote:
if you don't let your kids play in traffic why would you let them play where kites are launching and landing. sounds to me like some very poor parenting going on there.

Wow, where to begin on that one. Certainly banning non-kiters is not the opinion of the majority, but they do taint the image of the kiting community. Somehow, we have started to believe that these areas are ours and that every other recreationist should just deal with it. Anon, obviously you are not a parent. I can guarantee you that if someone's kid gets nailed by a kite, it's not the parent who is going to be hanging up to dry... Ethan (aka Dad)

Hein

Since 08 Mar 2005
1313 Posts

Possessed

PostThu Jun 02, 05 12:40 pm     Reply with quote

Last edited by Hein on Sat Jun 04, 05 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostThu Jun 02, 05 3:05 pm     Reply with quote

"if you don't let your kids play in traffic why would you let them play where kites are launching and landing. sounds to me like some very poor parenting going on there."

I was not referring to non kiters, but to the kiters out there that bring there kids and let them play in the landing and launching zone unsupervised.

fokiten

Since 04 Mar 2005
188 Posts

Stoked

PostFri Jun 03, 05 7:10 am     Reply with quote

Hey,,

I don't know the scene at rufus, so whatever,,

However, I was stuck on a beach in mexico not enough room to launch, plus there was a vortex gismo thingy that broke some guys back just a few days earlier....

Anyway,,fucking long story,,bla bla bla..

THE MONEY

I was shown that you can set your kite on the water at the edge of the window (where you normally would for launch) and just not launch it, but instead, just let go with your top hand and forget about it....

Now what I'm saying is if you can set your kite on the water you don't have to launch it...

you can just let it pull you out,,,you can forget about it taking off,,,

It just f-en sits there,,,goes to the edge,,,,stalls a bit,,,drifts back bit,,,hooks up and goes to the edge,,,,,stalls a bit,,,drifts back abit,,Ad infinitum

Al day long,,it's TITS and LIPSTICK sweet..

Hope that this might come in handy some time...

YOUR WELCOME
fokiten

PS. You should test this for yourself:

Your at the sand bar,,standing on the sand; kite in the air over the enriched urainium water,,, you say I think I'll test this wack fo thing...

OK,,,just lower your kite down to the glowing water and once its wing tip is in/on the chop,,, just let go with your TOP hand,,,,

That's it,,,the kite is now parked, it'll will climb over shore breck,, it will just sty there all fe-n day,,,YOU have a free hand you could take a nap,,,

Don't matter,,,your golden

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostFri Jun 03, 05 8:12 am     Reply with quote

Good tip fo' ... did you know your best friend John Hotzhall teaches that in his instructional video?

fokiten

Since 04 Mar 2005
188 Posts

Stoked

PostFri Jun 03, 05 8:32 am     Reply with quote

Hmm,,

That's nice,,,?

You should understand that the reason I don't care for thi pom pom waving PIMP mofo is that his BIG plan

Is to pussify the lesson so as to JUSTIFY hooking every snot drivllin man woman and child up to f-en kite..

Bottom line he get's rich and Marks are now about as safe as we are.

Which of course just boils down to luck,,,

AH? looks a tad wack,,,Hmm, Do I feel lucky?

YUP,,,

That's your bottom line..

Pom pom waveing shit talking f-em pimp mofo that forgets we all are pretty much counting on luck...

I hate these pom pom waving stoked mofos saying I HAVE THE ANSWER..

The trouble is easy to see they just haven't thought past the I'm going to be RICH part.

What-cha think about that Dax?

fo

ReeferMadness

Since 21 Apr 2005
32 Posts
Seattle

PostFri Jun 03, 05 9:25 am     Reply with quote

fokiten wrote:

The trouble is easy to see they just haven't thought past the I'm going to be RICH part.

fo

I feel sorry for anyone thinking that they are going to get rich off this sport, the odds of that are pretty damn small ~ the economics are just not there.

Well off? maybe if your really really really motivated and have a really good business plan and well run operation.

I think I would rather go into the cable park business... At least you don't have to rely on weather patterns quite as much..

http://www.cablewakeboard.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=11&Itemid=25

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostFri Jun 03, 05 10:12 am     Reply with quote

Indoor underground cable park right below downtown Portland, how sweet would that be? Go take a rip at lunch, 10x better than slogging along on the friggin stairmaster. Lets get Paul Allen to build it! Very Happy

fo - I concur.

yeah,,

PostFri Jun 03, 05 10:20 am    ,,, Reply with quote

Hey,

It's me,,fo look I don't feel like going to war over this.

But I can just tell, or rather suspect, this line ( I feel sorry...etc.

Might, may,could possibly mean,,

I think he's (pom pom waver) sincere, doing a great service,,etc.

Ok, that's fine with me get a soap box and recruit the world...

Just one thing I'd like to you to remember

All these humanitarian kudos, all this he's wonderful stuff, does not change the bottom line...

They're no better off than we are.

I know, for sure I'm already a few lucky stars (thank you God) to the good...

Another inch that time or second there that other time and I'd be dead now,, for sure...

The bottom line does not change...

Now peace regards happy kiting...
you can pretend, I simply will not

Thanks for your attn.
fo

ReeferMadness

Since 21 Apr 2005
32 Posts
Seattle

PostFri Jun 03, 05 10:35 am    Re: ,,, Reply with quote

Nope it doesn't, don't know anything about the guy.

yeah,, wrote:

But I can just tell, or rather suspect, this line ( I feel sorry...etc.

Might, may,could possibly mean,,fo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: