Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Hellfish
Page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Ian

PostTue May 10, 05 7:55 am    Hellfish Reply with quote

WOW,

So Im on kiteforum reading what people have to say about the new Best Hellfish. What they have to say is absolutely nothing at all. I would have to say that the people that are posting are the biggest idiots ever.

It sounds like all of the people on kiteforun are old bitches that don't want anything in the sport to change so that they dont get left behind. Also if you are still sour about the Best thing which it sounds like people are GET THE FUCK OVER IT. There is nothing you can do about Best, its there so get over it.

I am sure that if it was Slinghsot or a different kite company developing the technology nobody would have anything bad to say about it at all. Everyone would be waiting for the kite to come out to see for themselves if it actually worked.

Also on kiteforum people are trying to find every little thing wrong that they can with the kite and the people developing them. I dont see what the big deal is. All kiteboarders need to get used to change because it is coming. The sport is to young to stay the way it is.

I hope that none of the chill people that post here on nwkite never stoop down to the level of the people on kiteforum because some of them are true idiots.

ROCK ON NWKITE HOMIES!!!!

-Ian

ReeferMadness

Since 21 Apr 2005
32 Posts
Seattle

PostTue May 10, 05 8:23 am    Hell fish Reply with quote

Seriously... I'm sure some of the hell fish marketing is exaggeration (what marketing isn't) but I just love the way Best get's under peoples skin on Kite forum. Shannon is playing by his own rules and shaking things up. You gotta love that.

Cool

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostTue May 10, 05 8:36 am     Reply with quote

Part of the reason for creating this forum was to get the cool vibe going and NOT fall into the madness of flamewars that is KiteForum.com. Sometimes I wonder if those guys even have fun anymore...

Lets keep NWKite all about the kiting, and not get too caught up in brands and gear. That'd be my vote anyway.

On the Hellfish in particular, its tough because its probably going to be at least six weeks before one makes its way into actual customer hands. I have one on order, and will be happy to let people know what I think of it when it arrives, you can even bum a few tacks on it if you want.

Till then its probably good to take the marketing for what it is, marketing, and just enjoy ourselves.

Laters!
-Phillip

fokiten

Since 04 Mar 2005
188 Posts

Stoked

PostTue May 10, 05 8:46 am     Reply with quote

Bottom line?

I'd say it's obvious:

Hellfish has the exact same top end as any other kite made of rip stop.

All the added range is low end.

The result,,,,It'll still be the kite to have because it's hy-tech cool.

I'd still preffer to fly a twelve, WHY? because it handles about right,,big kites are inherently poky,,small kites are sometimes pain in the ass fast.

12m is about perfect.

So yeah,,,the 11 is your new choice for every day kiting.

And the big ones are for the poor saps who live where there's no wind.

Other than that? nothing new.

I still think a inovative safety (windwing,, you f-en mo's, you god damn fuc-wads, send me fucing kite) deserves our full attention and support.

WHY

because if we keep slamming into shit and dying, we are done.

Hellfish,,,??

Yeah, I want one,,but I don't need it, I live where there's wind
fokiten

ReeferMadness

Since 21 Apr 2005
32 Posts
Seattle

PostTue May 10, 05 9:24 am     Reply with quote

pkh wrote:
. I have one on order, and will be happy to let people know what I think of it when it arrives, you can even bum a few tacks on it if you want.
-Phillip

What size are you getting? Would be very interested in your review when you get it.

Living in an area where the wind is light a good portion of the time, the idea of riding a 13m kite when i would be normally out on a 16 or 17m sounds awesome. It might be just hype but the idea is very appealling.

Nate

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostTue May 10, 05 9:37 am     Reply with quote

ReeferMadness wrote:
pkh wrote:
. I have one on order, and will be happy to let people know what I think of it when it arrives, you can even bum a few tacks on it if you want.
-Phillip

What size are you getting? Would be very interested in your review when you get it.

Living in an area where the wind is light a good portion of the time, the idea of riding a 13m kite when i would be normally out on a 16 or 17m sounds awesome. It might be just hype but the idea is very appealling.

Nate

13m... I cancelled my 16m order. 13m is my new big kite, at least that's the plan. Very Happy

ReeferMadness

Since 21 Apr 2005
32 Posts
Seattle

PostTue May 10, 05 9:44 am     Reply with quote

pkh wrote:

13m... I cancelled my 16m order. 13m is my new big kite, at least that's the plan. Very Happy

Nice... it will be interesting to hear how you like it. Any idea when you will receive the kite?

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostTue May 10, 05 10:37 am     Reply with quote

ReeferMadness wrote:
pkh wrote:

Nice... it will be interesting to hear how you like it. Any idea when you will receive the kite?

Not for a long time I think, mid June at earliest. Probably not till July. Sad

PostTue May 10, 05 12:12 pm    nwkiteforum Reply with quote

man, the reason i ride is for freedom and peace of mind, the two most valuable things i own

kiteforums are like people, some got the love and some are fos. take what you like and leave the rest.

in the meantime, lets keep the love at nwkite.

thats all i have to say
jim

PostTue May 10, 05 2:27 pm     Reply with quote

fokiten wrote:
Bottom line?

I'd still preffer to fly a twelve, WHY? because it handles about right,,big kites are inherently poky,,small kites are sometimes pain in the ass fast.

Hellfish,,,??

fokiten

So Fo, where is it they you live and kite that you are on a 12m everyday? Must be nice, I want to come visit you.

Justoon

Since 11 May 2005
1 Posts
Queensland,Oz

PostWed May 11, 05 11:15 pm     Reply with quote

This is what i like to see, people sharing the love

PostThu May 12, 05 12:41 am     Reply with quote

Bottom Line?

Hellfish=Hypefish

fokiten

Since 04 Mar 2005
188 Posts

Stoked

PostThu May 12, 05 8:31 am     Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
fokiten wrote:
Bottom line?

Hellfish,,,??

fokiten

So Fo, where is it they you live and kite that you are on a 12m everyday? Must be nice, I want to come visit you.

Regards,

I think I should clairify a bit.

What I'm trying to say here on this topic of extended range all on the low end is:

That sure you might (who really knows?) be able to rig 3m less kite but why would you want to?

small kites are notoriously too fast anyway,,,so why would you want and extra fast small kite?

If the high end remains the same,,,and the wind is not 7m. why rig smaller than the idea size?

Imho 12m. is the idea size for dialed carefree everyday recreational fun to fly in wind.

That's why I said there is only one size to buy if you kite where there's a breeze.

Ah,,,you-all might want to consider a 5m. wink

I've never had my ass kicked, like I had my ass kicked at the hatch...

Damn,,,it blows pretty good there
fokiten

PS.
to whom it may concern:
if you don't want to listen to me bust your chops don't try to bluff me.
thanks for your kind attention

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostThu May 12, 05 8:36 pm     Reply with quote

fo -
I love my medium sized kites too... I think the idea behind the HF is you get the 12m experience when you'd normally be on a 16m... that's the hype at least.

Also I have no doubt that they will be able to slow down the smaller kites (smaller than 10m) so that they aren't too zippy. I love my Yarga 7m, it feels like a much bigger kite. Which as people know who have flown kites that small, is a good thing.

I doubt the HF will be worth it in the smaller sizes, at least I hope... I can't afford to replace my 7 and 9 with Hellfishes too!

Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostThu May 12, 05 9:17 pm     Reply with quote

Fo,

Sounds like since you like to ride your 12 M so much you would be stoked on the hellfish so that you could ride a 12 even when it wasnt windy enough for a 12. Maybe they will make an opposite hellfish, like a heavenfish or something that rides smaller then it actually is. Then you could be on a nice 12 all the time.

OR maybe you could get kite skills and learn how to fly smaller kites! Because kiting isnt all perfect wind and 12's every day!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostFri May 13, 05 5:58 am     Reply with quote

Hey,

Well,

We get fronts and it blows in the thirtys, then in the winter the north wind howls,, seen 60, ridden in the 40's and bla bla bla,,been there.

The thing is, all this macho wind is gusty, fu't up,, swiss cheeze hurricane.

It's not fun wind,,,it's survival stuff.

The 16 to 22 summer wind, is rock steady, warm and just a blast to ride in...

So, that's what I enjoy, having fun in perfect 12m wind.

You can fault me for that,,,couldn't care less.

enjoy the gorge, hear it blows hard there, you be stoked!

lol
fokiten

fokiten

Since 04 Mar 2005
188 Posts

Stoked

PostFri May 13, 05 6:21 am     Reply with quote

on the Hellfish,,

Yeah,,I want one, my 16m is pig, we get down time here where it just whispers wind,,,maybe 7,8,9 mph. It's maddening to sit on the beach hoping it will pick up to 11...

Been stuck half a dozen times,,16, down,,nothing but glass,,miles from shore.

Light wind sucks.

It's not trustworthy here, it can just stop....

spent 3 hrs. floating once,,,then it came up hard,, Damn, you can't win.

I'd like a kite that is faster and much lighter,so I might keep it in the air when it shuts down,,

Hmm, it's always about the spot,,,,and full seldom can you change the wind with a kite,

Horses for courses.

I'm pretty sure I could get screwed on a hellfish too.

I want one, but I'll wait till next year

Regards
fokiten

PS. Just a heads up for my inept cyber staker:

Look what you're doing here>

(quoting you)

OR maybe you could get kite skills and learn how to fly smaller kites!

(end quoting you)

you're questioning my Radness.

Please recall, I predicted earlier that I suspected you've limited resourses;

that you could probably do naught but call me names and/or question my radness...

Do you see where this sort of thing now makes you look, Hm?, well?

>>>>retarded<<<<<

No biggy, it's your choice to make, I'll be up front with you though:

I'll most likely just point out the folly of it every time you do it.

so next time you think " I'll call him a name, that'll show everybody he's really dumb, Yeah,,,

then I'll say he's not very skilled,,Sweet , that'll kill him,,good plan.

Inept,
it's you call afterall: To be? or not to be?,,inept.

Regards, and happy nuken to ya
fo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: