Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Dangler in Effigy
Page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
4Stringer/KipWinger

Since 27 Apr 2005
541 Posts
Hood River
Addicted

PostFri May 06, 05 8:37 am    Dangler in Effigy Reply with quote

No ill will intended toward Mr. Bo Dangles...here's a shot from the pardu held in dishonor of the Dangler a couple of summer's back:

DanglerinEffegy.jpg 

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostFri May 06, 05 9:12 am     Reply with quote

Ha! What about the shots of it on fire!?

blancoh2o

Since 15 Mar 2005
1153 Posts
Oregon
Phishy

PostFri May 06, 05 3:37 pm     Reply with quote

I saw the Dangler last week at the Hatch. He seems to have a new lease on life. He was friendly, in a good mood and not pissing anyone off.

It is funny how one guy can have such a reputation. We met people from other parts of the world this winter in Mexico that know the Dangler too.

Karma is alive and well, watch how you treat people out there.

https://kb4c.rallyup.com/kb4c/286ef9/Member

PostTue May 10, 05 12:57 am     Reply with quote

EVERYONE IN THE NORTHWEST IS A DANGLER WHO LOVES DEADMANS Evil or Very Mad

PostTue May 10, 05 12:26 pm     Reply with quote

Is this the guy that hangs out by the launch and land zone at Stevenson and does little to mid-sized pop-up jumps over and over again with no flare or "Steezz"?. Has a white beard and longer hair--kind-of looks like the billionare who owns Virgin Records and the airlines. May of flown a Wipika purple and white, higher aspect?

Question

scooter

Since 23 Apr 2005
99 Posts
hood River

PostTue May 10, 05 12:33 pm    the dangler Reply with quote

for those of who dont know his story, please fill us in on the Dangler.
thanks, scooter

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostTue May 10, 05 1:15 pm     Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Is this the guy that hangs out by the launch and land zone at Stevenson and does little to mid-sized pop-up jumps over and over again with no flare or "Steezz"?. Has a white beard and longer hair--kind-of looks like the billionare who owns Virgin Records and the airlines. May of flown a Wipika purple and white, higher aspect?

Question

Yup!

colby

Since 23 Apr 2005
613 Posts
Celebrity
Photographer

PostTue May 10, 05 1:45 pm     Reply with quote

Last edited by colby on Tue May 10, 05 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostTue May 10, 05 1:54 pm     Reply with quote

I don't understand this guy at all. On the beach he seems like a nice guy, he'l launch and land kites for people and seems friendly. On the water he's a f***ing DICK! He is always rinding in front of the launch, no matter what beach he is rinding at, and always getting in everyones way. It's like he's out there try to f**k with people just for the fun of it. It's not just kiting, he'll do the same shit windsurfing. I dislike this PRICK so much that I refuse to launch his kite and will not ever catch his kite when he wants to come in. When he gives me the pat on the head signal I just turn around and walk the other way. This is a sport that requires the help of other riders, so if you don't like something that someone is doing, don't help that person out.
Don't launch or land the dick and he'll get the idea.
Bandito

PostTue May 10, 05 1:59 pm     Reply with quote

You guys are just a bunch of cry babies.

PostTue May 10, 05 3:26 pm     Reply with quote

It's nothing new, back in the windsurfing day he was know as the 'stalker' & his behaivor(s) lead many female riders to tears...

4Stringer/KipWinger

Since 27 Apr 2005
541 Posts
Hood River
Addicted

PostTue May 10, 05 3:27 pm    Diagnosing and Dealing-with the Dangler Reply with quote

The Dangler is an interesting study. He appears to have some type of personality disorder triggered by the amp he gets from windsurfing and kiteboarding. I've seen the same type of behavior as the guy who just posted...appears to be a nice fellow on the beach, then once he gets on the water he's nothing short of a menace; repeatedly creating close-calls by sailing and kiteboarding very close to other sailors, kiters, and sailboats. The only success that I've ever had once the harassment began was to literally throw my rig in front of his board, swim over to him, get right in his face and say “Mark....NO MORE!” He began to protest...”What?!” I kept repeating “NO MORE.” After more protest, he finally said “Okay” and that was the end of the harassment. I'd really like to see a psychiatric diagnosis on the fella. Okay, that's my Dangler rant for the year.

Maybe he just needs some love. How 'bout we assign someone from the forum to give him a hug and a self-worth pep talk every week?!

Jim

kt

Since 16 Mar 2005
759 Posts
Portland, Or
Opinionated

PostTue May 10, 05 4:05 pm     Reply with quote

hey jim,

have to agree with you. i have talked with him on the beach and he does appear to be a nice fella but, on the water he is a menace. i think it has to do with an ego though. all the people that know him realize that he is a mediocre kiter. the old ladies off the sternwheeler think he is a hot shot so, that is who he caters to. i think the main reason he rides so close to the beach. i actually observed him ride more than 100 yards off shore last year only when the paddle boats came through. then, he rode straight up to them and did his little dangle jumps for the crowds. he got his ya-yas then was back to the close in riding once they had gone.

he is old and feels out of place really, we should feel sorry for him.

kt

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2570 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostTue May 10, 05 4:37 pm     Reply with quote

I witnessed The Dangler once last year at Stevenson. He was amusing but I didn't know he was such a legend and soon forgot about him. Now, after reading this post, and seeing the effigy, I think I'm obsessed. I haven't stopped thinking about him all day. Forget Steeze. Forget new acrobatic feats of skill. I just want to see more inappropriate dangles. I want a special section in the mags for it. I want videos dedicated to it. I want to hear from the innocent females he's harrassed. Move over Joe Dirt, move over Napoleon Dynamite....

The Dangler Rules the PNW!

colby

Since 23 Apr 2005
613 Posts
Celebrity
Photographer

PostTue May 10, 05 5:28 pm     Reply with quote

I'm with you slither...i'd post that picture of him dangling back up, but we've created a martyr out of him and now he's a target for harrassment, even if he is doing most of the harrassing. Very un-buddha like Wink

blancoh2o

Since 15 Mar 2005
1153 Posts
Oregon
Phishy

PostTue May 10, 05 8:22 pm     Reply with quote

I bet Fo even knows the Dangler.....If not maybe we can send Mark down to the desert to kite with him for a while. What do you think Fo? You think your kite scen is getting crowded, wait till you meet the Dangler if you don't know him already.

https://kb4c.rallyup.com/kb4c/286ef9/Member

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostTue May 10, 05 8:27 pm     Reply with quote

fo did mention he knew some of the gorge "originals" ... I bet the Dangler is in that category.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: