Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

MANZANITA NAHALEM BAY STATE PARK PARKING FINES 60$

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Flowtom

Since 10 Apr 2006
247 Posts

Stoked

PostWed Oct 30, 19 6:48 am    MANZANITA NAHALEM BAY STATE PARK PARKING FINES 60$ Reply with quote

Don't skip the pay both at Nehalem bay state park manzanita. The city cops are now patrolling the park. They are giving out expensive 60$ parking tickets. I haven't been buying state park annual pass as it seems like nobody is enforcing it at shipwrecks, viento and rooster. Hope it helps.

Matt V

Since 26 Oct 2014
462 Posts
Summer- OR Coast, Winter - My van near good snow
Explosive Diarrhea

PostWed Oct 30, 19 6:59 am     Reply with quote

Shipwreck up to the jetty (lot D too) are free at Ft. Stevens. You only need the pass at Coffinberry lake.

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2053 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostWed Oct 30, 19 9:15 am    Re: MANZANITA NAHALEM BAY STATE PARK PARKING FINES 60$ Reply with quote

Flowtom wrote:
Don't skip the pay both at Nehalem bay state park manzanita. The city cops are now patrolling the park. They are giving out expensive 60$ parking tickets. I haven't been buying state park annual pass as it seems like nobody is enforcing it at shipwrecks, viento and rooster. Hope it helps.

Bummer Dude! Spend $30 to save $30 is what that worked out to (season pass). Or in your case spend $5 to save $55 (one-time day pass).

Last round of pass purchasing I purchased a 2 year pass at REI. It was $50 so I saved $10 over two years. It saves time in the long run. You know those carpool dw'er's always take more effort and having to remember to purchase a day pass and having the correct amount to put in the envelope is one more thing to do.

And they do check at RR. I can't say for Viento as I rarely go there for the 7 mile dw'ered to the HR SB. Sad

I'm not sure why Fort Stevens is free in most areas, but it sure is nice.

Personally, I don't mind the fees as it takes $$$ to operate the State Parks, and it is always nice to have access to a bathroom.

Matt V

Since 26 Oct 2014
462 Posts
Explosive Diarrhea

PostMon Nov 04, 19 11:39 am     Reply with quote

Honestly, Oregon state parks are just staffed by the nicest employees and managed better than any other state park system in the nation. My most frequented comparison for cost and accessibility is about 7 states in the Midwest and also Utah. Trust me, the Midwest is terrible for park staff and money grubbing vultures in management.

Props to Oregon State Parks, and definitely consider donating to them.

eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1803 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostMon Nov 04, 19 12:16 pm     Reply with quote

^^^

I must agree. OR parks have largely avoided the for profit concessionaires one finds in many other state parks. In my experience, the Oregon Park experience is an order of magnitude more pleasant, professional, clean, friendly, and managed.

Eric

Matt V

Since 26 Oct 2014
462 Posts
Explosive Diarrhea

PostMon Nov 04, 19 4:42 pm     Reply with quote

eric wrote:
^^^

I must agree. OR parks have largely avoided the for profit concessionaires one finds in many other state parks. In my experience, the Oregon Park experience is an order of magnitude more pleasant, professional, clean, friendly, and managed.

Eric

No, you don't get it. No matter what any one says about the friendliness of the Midwest, or our work ethic, dab just a bit of government authority over the people on it, and is all goes to heck. Our parks management, from Colorado to Minnesota, should definetly visit Oregon State Parks and see how to do it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: