Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

HeadZone Helmets need some substitute key ideas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
kochease

Since 03 Jul 2008
760 Posts
In Ft. Stevens, OR
Opinionated

PostTue Jun 12, 18 5:32 am    HeadZone Helmets need some substitute key ideas Reply with quote

I have a bunch of Headzone helmets, yes I know they are out of business but I still want to use them. I don't have the little key for turning them on.

Anyone have a replacement idea or solution for getting my helmets to work again?

I have tried a fridge magnet, I tried one of those telescoping magnet pins for picking up screws and bolts dropped in engine compartments and I tried the magnet from one of my level that has 3 strong magnets in the base. I am at a loss and really need to get these working again. I don't want to shell out a crap ton of money on a all new helmet talking system like BBTalk.

Thanks

toddjb

Since 16 Oct 2007
271 Posts
MD
Obsessed

PostTue Jun 12, 18 6:48 am     Reply with quote

My guess is that the battery is shot in the helmets. Have you tried different helmets? Do they light up and give any charge indication?

Other than that, I suspect you need to find the right magnet diameter or strength. Both Amazon and Aliexpress have a variety of "stick magnets" and "magnet keys" of varying sizes and price. This one looked most similar, but you know better. (you can likely find it much cheaper on aliex)

Good luck!

Lcal

Since 12 May 2011
33 Posts
Gresham

PostThu Jun 14, 18 7:36 am    magnet supplier Reply with quote

Try this place.
www@kjmagnetics.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: