Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Slingshot GW 101 vs Lift classic 110 foil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
kiterland

Since 11 Aug 2009
143 Posts

Stoked

PostSat Mar 17, 18 6:13 pm    Slingshot GW 101 vs Lift classic 110 foil Reply with quote

It appears that the 2018 Lift classic 110 foil has a higher aspect ratio than the 2018 slingshot ghost whisper 101. As such the Lift seems to be more stable and represents possibly an easier migration path from slingshots aluminium hoverglide nf set up.

Wondering if anyone could comment and provide some guidance.

Thanks for the feedback!

caps

Since 23 Dec 2010
343 Posts

Obsessed

PostSat Mar 17, 18 8:42 pm     Reply with quote

I'm kinda in the same boat as you. I currently ride the SS HG and am considering an upgrade as well. But from what I have heard, it sounds like the SS GW 91 would be a better comparison to the Lift 110. And to be clear, I have no experience riding either and doubt any others have to. I say you buy both and write us up a review!

kiterland

Since 11 Aug 2009
143 Posts

Stoked

PostSun Mar 18, 18 8:07 am     Reply with quote

Good point on the SS GW 91. However, just from looking at the pics, it appears the aspect ratio is higher even than Lift 110. I have seen some people going back to Lift 110 after trying for years on higher aspect foils. I am just not sure if the new SS foils are similar to those high aspect foils people migrated away from. And yes it would be great to be able to try or buy all. In the meantime maybe someone did and wouldn't mind sharing some feedback.

kiterland

Since 11 Aug 2009
143 Posts

Stoked

PostSun Mar 18, 18 2:50 pm     Reply with quote

Here's a review of the Moses 91 foil which is similar to SS GW 91

https://www.iksurfmag.com/reviews/boards/hydrofoil-boards/moses-hydrofoil-fluente-91-2017/

bobgatpdx

Since 04 Oct 2008
218 Posts

Stoked

PostMon Mar 19, 18 3:56 pm     Reply with quote

The Lift foils are great - I've ridden the 110, 150, and 170 of the current line up. I really like the 150 and 170 - light, strong, super stable, low takeoff speed, but they still go damn fast. I haven't ridden the GW so I can't comment on that one.
- Bob

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: