Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Tracking device for boards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Ncord

Since 20 Jul 2017
8 Posts

Kook

PostSat Aug 19, 17 8:46 am    Tracking device for boards Reply with quote

Hello! Has anyone found a waterproof GPS tracking device to attach to a board - something to make it easier to find if lost? It seems like there's a few devices on the market but not sure if there's something with enough range, not too bulky, and waterproof.

Thanks for any suggestions!!

Singlemalt

Since 21 Jun 2015
460 Posts
White Salmon
Obsessed

PostSat Aug 19, 17 9:32 am    Best tracking device Reply with quote

Black Sharpie.

airliquid

Since 14 Jan 2014
9 Posts

Kook

PostSat Aug 19, 17 11:27 am    findster Reply with quote

I purchased one of these. I ordered one for my dog who likes to roam and one for my board. It has not arrived yet so I can't give it a review but the product is waterproof to 3m and could easily by put into a waterproof case.

https://getfindster.com/

SpaceRacer

Since 04 Nov 2007
434 Posts

Obsessed

PostSat Aug 19, 17 5:30 pm     Reply with quote

Wow! What a great idea! Please post a review!

skideeppow

Since 26 Aug 2011
518 Posts

Addicted

PostMon Aug 21, 17 10:36 am     Reply with quote

love a review. I bet you dont get it for a while.

airliquid

Since 14 Jan 2014
9 Posts

Kook

PostWed Aug 23, 17 7:18 pm    UPDATE Reply with quote

I emailed FINDSter to get a update and here is their response. LOVE the 100% water proof !

The production process is taking a bit longer than expected - the present estimate is that it will be ready by late September. As you may have read, we've been developing a new version of Findster Duo, which is completely waterproof (among other improvements over the original, such as longer battery life and collar attachment method), and we want to make sure everything is perfect before we launch it! The shipping process should start in late September/early October - you will receive the tracking number via email as soon as we ship it, and it should take about 3 days to arrive after that!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: