Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

amazing one kite quivers- get a good color.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
registered

Since 12 Jul 2005
1319 Posts
tsunami
Sandbagger

PostSat Jan 27, 07 8:17 am    amazing one kite quivers- get a good color. Reply with quote

So on the other forum someone was hyping the latest ww product, the old 30 mph wind range one kite quiver blah blah....

It seems to me that the companies should target minimum three kites and say that trying to ride one kite in under or overpowered conditions is dangerous but the new depower is for freak wind up /down not for riding the wrong kite for the wrong conditions. that is how they could keep their finances in tack , by actually selling more kites. face it like most other sports lots of the gear sold sits in the closet. so sell some kites with real wind range limits again and sell more ,and use them safely. or not... Shocked and the same for boards start pimpin big boards and small boards, like most of us who get out there and do it know all to well.

rant...sorry

blowhard

Since 26 Dec 2005
2023 Posts

Windward

PostSat Jan 27, 07 8:50 am    on the cheap Reply with quote

I wouldn't carry a bunch of unneeded gear if it wasn't nessesary either ,
but I still have a four kite quiver as all along.
I don't lengthen the trim loop for more range it just shuts the power all the way off.
I don't like that ,plus the flapping of a kite out of it's range
my trim loops are a little longer than my old ones ,about 16"

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostSat Jan 27, 07 8:57 am     Reply with quote

Around here a one kite quiver is pretty stupid, your going to miss out on some good riding at some point trying to make one kite work.

But there are places in the world where one kite quivers make total sense, usually in places where a strong day is 18mph. Smile

tinyE

Since 21 Jan 2006
2004 Posts
not really an
XTreme Poster

PostSun Jan 28, 07 5:48 pm     Reply with quote

yeah, where sq can ride lit with a 3m

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: