Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Would have kept going, but who would catch my kite?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostWed May 11, 05 8:07 pm    Would have kept going, but who would catch my kite? Reply with quote

Hey folks... Stevenson was still blowing at 6:30 but I had to pack up because the last folks (Jason and John) were leaving! Now I know you all got plenty in early today, but didn't anyone have to work like me? Wink

Good to see so many of y'all out there enjoying the grey skies, heavy chop, and marginal wind. I hear Slither even had a close encounter with his favorite kiteboarder!

Thumb's Up

NateDogg

Since 05 Mar 2005
627 Posts
I caught your mom on
cineaptic.com

PostWed May 11, 05 10:31 pm     Reply with quote

Hell yeah, hit up the SB early and then once it popped up above 25 packed up and went to Stevenson. Awesome day! I was surprised with the heavy wind at the bar there weren't more at stevenson...oh well, more limited launch space for the rest of us.

I woulda waited for ya @ stevenson Phil, but I had to bounce and get a run in before dark. Good day though...looked like you were still pretty comfortable on the 13 even when the wind started to get kinda fluky.

4Stringer/KipWinger

Since 27 Apr 2005
541 Posts
Hood River
Addicted

PostThu May 12, 05 5:58 am    Wed report from the sandbar Reply with quote

Bulldozers, graders, high water, and high wind were all part of the scene at the sandbar yesterday. A few of us hoofed-it from the road as the parking lot is still closed. It was well worth it with killer swell near the rr bridge and solid 8.0 conditions. Pierce was out on a 5.5.
I had a sketchy self-launch with a new kite on the sheltered inside part of the sandspit, but other than that it was one to remember.

Jim

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostThu May 12, 05 5:58 am     Reply with quote

Well good to hear that even a few bulldozers couldn't keep people off the SB... I would have gone down there but I just didn't feel like a 7m day.

I heard the SB had some good sun... no such luck at Stevenson. You could see where the blue sky started maybe 2 miles downwind, I kept hoping it was going to creep upwind, but no luck.

Oh well it was fun...

Nate, looks like you got a new kite?

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostThu May 12, 05 10:45 am     Reply with quote

Looks like more blue in the sky today (so far):

PostThu May 12, 05 1:55 pm     Reply with quote

That's what the cove is for. Sounds to me like you really weren't that stoked to be ridding with so so wind, no sun and cold weather. No, wait that was why I left early.
Bandito

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostThu May 12, 05 7:35 pm     Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
That's what the cove is for. Sounds to me like you really weren't that stoked to be ridding with so so wind, no sun and cold weather. No, wait that was why I left early.
Bandito

Could have tried the cove but it has those big kite spearing pylons.

Hey, today was much better. The sun was out, and wind a bit more suitable for 12-13m kites.

Gorge Redneck

PostTue May 17, 05 11:05 pm     Reply with quote

I guess the real question is: Why cant' I land my kite myself Question And why can't I stand to kite alone Question Razz The answer lies within Razz

barfly

Since 31 Mar 2005
1210 Posts
Seaside
BRACKISH

PostTue May 17, 05 11:08 pm     Reply with quote

very deep, food for thought

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: