Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Tried (and failed) to break the Stevenson Rock
Page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
windjunkie

Since 02 Feb 2007
3 Posts
Portland
Kook

PostSun Nov 25, 07 1:28 am    Looks like lots of us are having some bad luck Reply with quote

Hi Dangler,
Hope your foot's getting better. Can't kite this winter because I just found out I have lymphoma. Seems its a disease that healthy people get. The Chemo sucks, but maybe in a few months it'll get better. As soon as you can't get out in the water for a period of time, you miss it like crazy. If everybody realized what a gift it is every time we're out on the water, I think most problems on the water would just disappear. Enjoy every minute of it.
Regards

dangler

Since 26 Feb 2006
1742 Posts
WINDY SPOTS
XTreme Poster

PostWed Nov 28, 07 2:33 am    tuff breaks Reply with quote

Hang tough! went thru that myself last year (cancer) and looking forward to getting back on the water was a good motivation to endure the misery of treatment. Just like Lance, you can get back to it! Best wishes, Marc Very Happy

Kraemer

Since 24 Apr 2006
1735 Posts
Sky Pilot
Unicorn Captain

PostWed Nov 28, 07 8:56 pm     Reply with quote

Sorry to hear windjunkie.

Yardsale

Since 29 Mar 2005
387 Posts
Portlanastan
Obsessed

PostThu Nov 29, 07 8:47 am    Re: Looks like lots of us are having some bad luck Reply with quote

windjunkie wrote:
If everybody realized what a gift it is every time we're out on the water, I think most problems on the water would just disappear. Enjoy every minute of it.
Regards

You got it my friend!! Stay strong, my best wishes to you for a fast treatment and recovery. Stephan Very Happy

magicmaker

Since 29 Oct 2006
895 Posts
da Hood
Opinionated

PostThu Nov 29, 07 8:52 am     Reply with quote

if you need any help getting good medicine visit http://www.mamas.org

J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostThu Dec 20, 07 10:29 am     Reply with quote

shredbarbie wrote:

Four surgeries and 120K later, I'm not known to catch many kites there any more.

That indeed is one tact , however, Perhaps not running in flip flops may pay larger dividends in life. Rolling Eyes Sad

cheers,

The "distressed kiter"

ps. btw, the unintentional huck was over the largest "Point Rock" of which I cleared by 10-15 feet. I also seem to recall sticking the landing toe side during that "duress" & "distress" Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: