Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Beacon Rock intel

previous topic :: next topic  
windpower

Since 27 Jul 2010
48 Posts
Hood River / Colorado

PostWed Aug 26, 20 8:51 am    Beacon Rock intel Reply with quote

Looking for someone to show/tell me the ropes to kite Beacon Rock. I've kited for 10yrs but haven't tried that spot yet. Anyone who's familiar want to meet up there in the next week or so?

ezryder111

Since 24 Dec 2012
131 Posts
SE Portland
Stoked

PostWed Aug 26, 20 9:13 am    beacon rock Reply with quote

I've never kited their either but I've heard that "Joe the kiter" gives lessons there.

https://joethekiter.com/

Even has a photo on the site with the rock in the background. He'd probably give you some info but I'm thinking it must be a fluky spot. I've been kiting nearly as long as you and I rarely hear about people going there. Maybe it's just easier to ride Stevenson.

Anyway, hope that helps Cool

treitz

Since 07 Jun 2016
78 Posts
Hood River

PostWed Aug 26, 20 10:02 am     Reply with quote

I did a lesson there with Joe a few years ago. It's an interesting spot due to super fast current, but typically not very crowded!

You have to try REALLY hard to stay DOWN wind, and if you lose your board there's a good chance it's a gonner.

Here's everything I know / remember from it in picture form. Hopefully I don't get reamed by any of the regulars for giving away their secret spot.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> CGKA All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: