Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Is Roosevelt launch and camping open?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
thurmondmb

Since 10 Jul 2018
64 Posts

PostMon Jun 29, 20 6:41 pm    Is Roosevelt launch and camping open? Reply with quote

Is Roosevelt camping and launch open. I saw on gorge is my gym it was closed bit wasn't sure since someone below mentioned a kitemare where they had to self rescue back to Roosevelt.

Thanks

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostTue Jun 30, 20 7:11 am     Reply with quote

It's been 2 weeks, but last I heard there was a wind storm that knocked down several trees in the park, including those big one adjacent to the parking. Staff said cleanup would take some time.

Thatspec

Since 17 Mar 2008
115 Posts
Ptucky
Stoked

PostSat Jul 04, 20 10:59 am     Reply with quote

I saw a gaggle of cars at the boat ramp 7/1 (from the water), not a soul at the park. Is that a native only boat launch?

shred_da_gorge

Since 12 Nov 2008
1251 Posts
Local, not Low Cal
XTreme Poster

PostMon Jul 06, 20 9:22 pm     Reply with quote

https://www.nwp.usace.army.mil/Missions/Recreation/Site-Status

ezryder111

Since 24 Dec 2012
131 Posts
SE Portland
Stoked

PostSat Aug 08, 20 8:24 pm    Roosevelt open? Reply with quote

Hopefully bumping up this post...curious if Roosevelt parking and bathroom is open now? I need to head out there this week!

ezryder111

Since 24 Dec 2012
131 Posts
SE Portland
Stoked

PostSat Aug 08, 20 8:29 pm    Roosevelt Reply with quote

According to that link from shred da gorge it's still showing closed. Any confirmation?

ezryder111

Since 24 Dec 2012
131 Posts
SE Portland
Stoked

PostWed Aug 12, 20 9:32 am    no Rosey this summer : ( Reply with quote

I was camping elsewhere in the Gorge and decided to make the drive out and see for myself. Still at least 3 giant trees down in the park and no indication whatsoever that they have even started cleaning up the mess. I guess a site that brings in zero dollars of revenue is a low priority.

Sad to say but I think Roosevelt it closed for the summer

I did see two windsurfers launching next to the native boat ramp. Technically it might be possible to launch a kite there but not worth the drive out when you can just do Arlington, if don't mind a challenging launch.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: