Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Covid Hood River

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1803 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostSat May 30, 20 6:59 pm    Covid Hood River Reply with quote

You guys see the Covid outbreak at Duckwall Fruit? Be careful shopping for food now. Grocery store is a lot more likely than PC, Event Site, etc

ay

Since 11 Oct 2008
109 Posts
HR - ME
Stoked

PostSat May 30, 20 7:50 pm     Reply with quote

That is misguided "science" and arguably not true. The take away here is that we are still in a pandemic. Few are wearing masks which is proven to be the primary route of transmission. People are not being safe around town, whether they are from here or not remains to be seen this time of year.

eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1803 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostSat May 30, 20 8:28 pm     Reply with quote

Fair enough. Edit:

Hood River folks be careful shopping in Hood River. There is an outbreak at Duckwall Fruit that employs a lot of folks.

ay

Since 11 Oct 2008
109 Posts
HR - ME
Stoked

PostSat May 30, 20 8:33 pm     Reply with quote

Good edit. Also, wear your masks because science.

Pepi

Since 16 Jun 2006
1831 Posts
Pure Stoke Sports
Shop Owner

CGKA Member

PostThu Jun 04, 20 11:48 am     Reply with quote

There are currently 3 significant (for Hood River size) businesses that have had employees test positive this past week. All 3 appear to be having all of there staff tested this week.
The county will then evaluate if the hospital facilities will be stressed or manageable once the post test numbers are evaluated.
The hope is that this is a 'bump' in numbers, and not a local resurgence. I could be wrong, but I think this puts us at our highest numbers and has our county slightly flagged for concern.

Not the numbers we want to see at this moment in Phase1 reopening and with Phase2 on the discussion platform for this month.

Be safe, be healthy and remember to kindly respect the health practices of everyone around you.

www.Purestokesports.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: