Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Rock Creek, now locals (97040) only!
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1803 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostFri Apr 24, 20 7:39 am     Reply with quote

^^^
Needle, or over ice with a slice of lime?

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostFri Apr 24, 20 7:57 am     Reply with quote

eric wrote:
^^^

Obviously over ice. I mean, needles hurt. And if you screwed up and injected water instead of bleach, you could give yourself an infection! Shocked I do like the lime idea though.

Seriously though, maybe Trump is on to something? Obviously not bleach or Lysol, but something else? Like Tequila? Perhaps a study is in order: Can mass consumption of Tequila prevent transmission of Covid-19? I've been studying just this with Rum. And I'm happy to report 100% success!

Obakarama

Since 29 Jun 2019
47 Posts

PostFri Apr 24, 20 8:57 am     Reply with quote

The only reason to spend so much time on this forum is that I am locked at home since the schools got closed. Especially days like today. Weather is crap and my grand kids are working on their assignments. Come next Wednesday, we are supposed to have another over 70 weather. It will be real hard not to hit the river. I think I won't be able to resist.

knotwindy

Since 25 Sep 2011
598 Posts

Addicted

PostFri Apr 24, 20 10:25 am     Reply with quote

Nak wrote:
eric wrote:
^^^

Obviously over ice. I mean, needles hurt. And if you screwed up and injected water instead of bleach, you could give yourself an infection! Shocked I do like the lime idea though.

Seriously though, maybe Trump is on to something? Obviously not bleach or Lysol, but something else? Like Tequila? Perhaps a study is in order: Can mass consumption of Tequila prevent transmission of Covid-19? I've been studying just this with Rum. And I'm happy to report 100% success!

Having reproduced the same study in a separate environment I can conclusively say the success rate is still 100% with a doubling of the participants. Do you suppose the type of Rum is relevant? Further studies may be necessary.

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostFri Apr 24, 20 11:24 am     Reply with quote

knotwindy wrote:

Having reproduced the same study in a separate environment I can conclusively say the success rate is still 100% with a doubling of the participants. Do you suppose the type of Rum is relevant? Further studies may be necessary.

More data is always a good thing.

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostFri Apr 24, 20 11:33 am     Reply with quote

knotwindy wrote:
Do you suppose the type of Rum is relevant?

Almost certainly. My studies show that "Kirk and Sweeney" 23 year old rum to be the most effective, with the 18 year old version coming in a close second. The issue is that the cost per dose is relatively high. Perhaps as a nation we should come together to build the capability to mass produce this vital medicine at a more affordable cost? Sort of like another effort to land on the Moon. I think President Kennedy said it best:

John F. Kennedy wrote:
We choose to distill better rum! We choose to distill better rum...We choose to distill better rum in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard; because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one we intend to win, and the others, too.

knotwindy

Since 25 Sep 2011
598 Posts

Addicted

PostFri Apr 24, 20 11:42 am     Reply with quote

Indeed, I shall raise a glass and drink to your Health, sir!

WindSki

Since 14 Dec 2012
402 Posts
Portland
Obsessed

PostFri Apr 24, 20 5:13 pm     Reply with quote

BBC News: Coronavirus: Has Sweden got its science right?
BBC News - Coronavirus: Has Sweden got its science right?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52395866

WindSki

Since 14 Dec 2012
402 Posts
Portland
Obsessed

PostFri Apr 24, 20 5:46 pm     Reply with quote

An interesting article

knotwindy

Since 25 Sep 2011
598 Posts

Addicted

PostFri Apr 24, 20 5:57 pm     Reply with quote

Hmm, Short term memory loss from repeating the Rum experiment as well?

Matt V

Since 26 Oct 2014
462 Posts
Summer- OR Coast, Winter - My van near good snow
Explosive Diarrhea

PostFri Apr 24, 20 6:21 pm     Reply with quote

Nak wrote:

Wow Matt, way to be a buzz kill and get your panties in a wad over an exchange that was clearly meant to be humorous, something meant to lighten the moment. We all need a little humor to help get through this, so maybe lighten up.

This isn't the subject here, nor is it humorous so I won't respond to your temper tantrum other than to say your logic is so full of holes you could drive your van through it.

Unfortunately, REALITY is the biggest buzzkillinist pantiewadinist hole in humor that you could drive a barge full of "recyclables" on it's way to China dumped half way through its voyage straight into the Pacific Ocean.

I, just like you, would rather see the good in things, while ignoring the reality pulling humanity down into the abyss.

bigjohn

Since 13 Mar 2012
663 Posts

Addicted

PostFri Apr 24, 20 8:04 pm     Reply with quote

WindSki wrote:

An interesting article

Spend some time on https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Perform different sorts.
I particularly like "Tot Cases / 1M Pop". "Deaths / 1M Pop", and "Tests / 1M Pop"

Ask yourself why there is so much diversity in the numbers. Are some nations simply not affected by the virus??? Or are some nations perhaps not reporting numbers properly?

Next look at the ratio of Total Deaths vs Recovered.
Currently this is 197,246/798,776 which is about 25%

Granted this number does not include the asymptomatic so it is extremely skewed. But it does represent a ratio of closed cases.

Now assuming herd immunity requires 50-70% do some simple math and ask yourself if Sweden got it right?

biffmalibu

Since 30 Jun 2011
38 Posts
Mosier, Oregon

PostFri Apr 24, 20 9:08 pm    Rock Creek, now locals (97040) only! Reply with quote

Here's the sign...

20200424_212557.jpg 

Blazeheliski

Since 30 Mar 2011
655 Posts
Mosier
Addicted

PostFri Apr 24, 20 9:29 pm     Reply with quote

Thatspec wrote:
OK, no problem. No great loss there to the community. If I see you at the sandbar though or the hatchery... Do you see where you're headed here?
Rock Creek on a scale of 1-10.

Ease of access, launch safety - 2

Water conditions - 3

Admittedly the wind quality is generally pretty good but there are so many better spots.

Yep, Rock Creek throughly sucks for kiting. I don't know why anyone would want to kite there. They don't call it Rock Creek for nothing......big rocks to pop your kite all over the place! Horrible wind. No swell. Worst place on the river........

bigjohn

Since 13 Mar 2012
663 Posts

Addicted

PostFri Apr 24, 20 9:38 pm    Re: Rock Creek, now locals (97040) only! Reply with quote

biffmalibu wrote:
Here's the sign...

Or as might also be interpreted.

KITING IS CLOSED IN MOSIER.

It is illegal to kite in a state park WHETHER LOCAL OR NOT.

NO ONE SHOULD POST ABOUT ANY KITING AT MOSIER.

Residents are allowed to walk through the mosier parking lot only if practicing safe social distancing. This right will be revoked upon any failure to comply.

oh and please come visit us after we have worked through this Covid-19 pandemic.

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostFri Apr 24, 20 10:36 pm     Reply with quote

bigjohn wrote:

Next look at the ratio of Total Deaths vs Recovered.
Currently this is 197,246/798,776 which is about 25%

Don't worry too much about that ratio, it's extremely misleading. Death happens much quicker than recovery. Recovery means tests show you're negative for the virus. One, that takes a LOT longer. Two, not everyone who has recovered has been tested. If you didn't need to be hospitalized--the vastly overwhelming majority of cases--then there's a pretty good chance you haven't been tested again for recovery. Tests are in short supply; self-quarantine and we will get to you.

knotwindy

Since 25 Sep 2011
598 Posts

Addicted

PostSat Apr 25, 20 6:34 am     Reply with quote

Maybe it’s because we can’t kite so the only exercise we get is jumping to conclusions?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: