Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Promotion drysuit ?
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
mark_bristol

Since 24 Apr 2009
7 Posts

Kook

PostFri Oct 18, 19 12:04 pm     Reply with quote

No luck getting a no-charge warranty repair from Kokatat. I paid for shipping charges to Aracata, California and back, about $30. Also paid another $45 to Kokatat for their so-called repair, which consisted of a few small patches glued to the inside of the suit.

Have used the repaired suit once since getting it back. Water still seeps through the Gore-Tex fabric in some places, particularly above the waist and below the diagonal zipper. And just to be clear, I use a seat harness which does not impact this area. So, I paid a total of $75, and the suit still leaks.

Bottom line - Warranty replacement or repairs are at "Kokatat's option", effectively eliminating any real guaranty for the purchaser.

Justsmile

Since 20 Jul 2009
1523 Posts
Not Portland
XTreme Poster

PostFri Oct 18, 19 1:26 pm     Reply with quote

Call NW safety clean in Portland. The only way to truly make sure you have no leaks is to pressure test your suit. They can replace gaskets also. There is another place in Portland that I can not think of right now that does gasket replacement also. I have had kokatat suits for over 25 years and have only paid for my socks to be switched out. Maybe look at how all are storing your suits. I have hundreds of days kayaking in mine. Recently pulled out the old drysuit for some class v paddling and still no leaks. Mine is kept in a dark spot rolled up after it dries !! Maybe my older material is better than the new

Mrlaroo

Since 02 Jan 2007
181 Posts
Bend
Stoked

PostFri Oct 18, 19 7:07 pm     Reply with quote

mark_bristol wrote:
No luck getting a no-charge warranty repair from Kokatat. I paid for shipping charges to Aracata, California and back, about $30. Also paid another $45 to Kokatat for their so-called repair, which consisted of a few small patches glued to the inside of the suit.

Have used the repaired suit once since getting it back. Water still seeps through the Gore-Tex fabric in some places, particularly above the waist and below the diagonal zipper. And just to be clear, I use a seat harness which does not impact this area. So, I paid a total of $75, and the suit still leaks.

Bottom line - Warranty replacement or repairs are at "Kokatat's option", effectively eliminating any real guaranty for the purchaser.

That's not good to hear as I recently ordered the Kokatat Icon. I have had good luck with their dry tops when I paddle so we shall see. That stinks that it is still leaking, annoying as heck.

west

Since 09 Oct 2008
136 Posts
Lake Michigan
Stoked

PostMon Oct 21, 19 1:10 pm     Reply with quote

How’s the swim in and under the waves when it comes to a shoreline survival quest in a dry suit? Always wondered that...seems that when it’s too cold for a 5/4 w built in hoody, it was time to hang it up for winter. Curious about what the dry suit diehards think...thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: