Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

CGWA ?
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1803 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostSun Dec 02, 18 9:10 am     Reply with quote

^^^

My thought exactly.

If the potential unified organization changes it's name to CG "Wind or Water sports" Association, I am all in.

Eric

Sella

Since 21 Apr 2007
1794 Posts
Doin' The Dalles
FLY'IN HIGH PIE GUY

PostSun Dec 02, 18 2:52 pm     Reply with quote

cgka wrote:
We very much look forward to making this happen.
Your local CGKA BOD

Glad to read your change of tune is coming along nicely. Probably would have been wiser to lead with the enthusiasm and show support pre-CGWA letter but if we gotta go out of bounds to make sure you remember the needs of the many outweigh the needs of a few then so be it.

Tough love brotha.

Ken

Gman

Since 11 Feb 2006
4907 Posts
Portland
Unstrapped

PostMon Dec 03, 18 9:51 am     Reply with quote

daveS wrote:
This seems like a no brainer to me. All users will likely benefit in the long term. I wonder if the people who will need convincing are the current CGWA members.....we will see.

they're gonna need someone (or a few hundred) to move the 5 gallon buckets of rocks while they're wakesurfing in the new rescue boats

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eu2pBpQolKE

Mark

Since 20 Jun 2005
3677 Posts
I need my fix because I'm a
Naishaholic

PostThu Feb 07, 19 8:44 am     Reply with quote

Any updates?

www.naishkites.com

bigjohn

Since 13 Mar 2012
663 Posts

Addicted

PostThu Feb 07, 19 11:29 am     Reply with quote

I signed up for CGWA as soon as I saw this thread.

Later on I emailed Bart with some thoughts and questions.

He responded back positively:

Quote:
...We appreciate all of the support we are getting on this new direction, especially from existing members, and as we roll out the new "brand name" for the CGWA, be assured that we welcome support and membership from kiters, paddlers, and pretty much anyone who appreciates the access to fantastic water conditions here in the gorge. The new year will be an exciting one I am sure. Looking forward to more of your input. Cheers, Bart

So it sounds like things are moving forward.

Singlemalt

Since 21 Jun 2015
460 Posts
White Salmon
Obsessed

PostThu Feb 07, 19 4:04 pm     Reply with quote

I received a ballot and voted “no” on the name change proposal. There was only the one choice, if I recall. Haven’t heard anything since.

Sella

Since 21 Apr 2007
1794 Posts
Doin' The Dalles
FLY'IN HIGH PIE GUY

PostFri Feb 08, 19 7:17 pm     Reply with quote

Singlemalt wrote:
I received a ballot and voted “no” on the name change proposal. There was only the one choice, if I recall.

Malt, that's how I would have voted too but I became a new member late November and missed the vote because I joined post-letter. Mierda!

Mark wrote:
Any updates?

Here's what I received today in response to a voting inquiry;

The members and board have voted in favor of the name change to the CG Wind and Water Association, and that transition process is currently underway with the name change ammendment to our Articles of Incorporation just sent to Oregon this week. As a result, there will be new membership cards and a sticker with the new logo sent to all current members.

Along with a non-profit 501 (c) (3) in their pocket it's getting real and I'm stoked to see what kiters bring to the table for user access improvement this coming season.

MDaleyPete

Since 17 Jun 2015
10 Posts

PostTue Feb 12, 19 9:46 am     Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the crash course in the history of gorge windsport association politics.
This kiter fully agrees that there should be one representative body for all water sports in the gorge. Just paid my dues for CGWA or CGWAWA...or whatever it's going to be called.

eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1803 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostTue Feb 12, 19 2:04 pm     Reply with quote

Okay, just paid for $35 family membership. Looking forward to pooling our collective resources.

As an aside, if I, or any other kiter flashes a CGWA card the next time "Crazy Kate" curses at us will that shut her up?

SalmonSlayer

Since 27 Nov 2005
648 Posts

Addicted

CGKA Member

PostWed Feb 13, 19 5:33 am     Reply with quote

eric wrote:
Okay, just paid for $35 family membership.

I cant seem to get this link to work. http://www.gorgekiter.com/join or http://www.gorgekiter.com

What is the link you used?

eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1803 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostWed Feb 13, 19 6:14 am     Reply with quote

http://gorgewindsurfing.org/

eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1803 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostWed Feb 13, 19 8:40 am     Reply with quote

I sent them an email this morning letting them know I am anticipating a name change, along with expanded representation.

Eric

Inflictor

Since 17 Aug 2013
144 Posts

Stoked

PostSun Feb 17, 19 7:26 am    everyone needs to join NOW! Reply with quote

Been talking to Bart alot lately, bottom line is JOIN UP! He needs dough to do what's necessary to make MORE and SAFE access points to all water enthusiasts who use the river. He will soon have good guidance, as respect for the new organization grows. I'm going to help him with Doug's and Lyle Sandbar projects, as not many ever put kites up at Doug's,just too sketch there, but I, Laura Green(RIP) and John have been launching safely there for years, we live in Lyle and I can see both places from my porch. I have found all the quirks of that place the hard way(kinda the way I operate, got all the scars and ruined gear to prove!)
Also thinking of firing up the old wind report of Q 104 days, in Laura's honor( I already miss her so much!) as she worked behind the scene for I kitesurf as Christine Young, issuing Gorge specific forecasts and would secretly consult me on all the iffy days. Haven't worked out the details of it yet with Ben Miller of Weatherflow or even Bart, but thinking you won't get my 37 yrs of local wind and swell knowledge with eyeball reports, without being a member of both. Interested in hearing feedback on how to set that up too from you techy guys, as I need a job helping to find everybody's favorite conditions for whatever they want to do that day, as I plan to do them ALL this season, as I am now bionic,( with the help of my friend Tony at Slingshot,) in the best conditions I can find for us. The definition of a dream job, right? We(Bart and I) had that going in the old heyday until the Internet put us out of a job!
SO JOIN UP TODAY!!! More money, better results. Thx, Inflictor

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostSun Feb 17, 19 9:07 am     Reply with quote

Victor, Bart,
Thank You! I'm in.
Could you also please consider including Jones Beach in your efforts (forecasting too)?
Jones for us is 2-3 times a week, whereas lately, the Gorge run is rare.
Kip Wylie

Jonpnw

Since 22 Jul 2010
1322 Posts
Pacific Northwest
XTreme Poster

PostMon Feb 18, 19 8:59 am    Joined ! Reply with quote

Lets Do This !!! Join the CGWA today.

Join the Columbia Gorge Water Sports Association. http://gorgewindsurfing.org/

Last edited by Jonpnw on Thu Feb 21, 19 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Mark

Since 20 Jun 2005
3677 Posts
I need my fix because I'm a
Naishaholic

PostWed Feb 20, 19 1:46 pm     Reply with quote

What is the response from the CGKA? Should we sign up for CGWA? Is there a deal in place? If not, will there be? I hope the CGKA and CGWA can join as this is the next step for sure....
Waiting to hear so I can join up.

www.naishkites.com

west

Since 09 Oct 2008
136 Posts
Lake Michigan
Stoked

PostThu Feb 21, 19 4:27 am     Reply with quote

Very encouraging to see the concerted effort....it’s all about River access and strength in numbers, no matter what road was travelled to get to this point. Thanks to any and all efforts by everyone involved. Every membership counts.

Quite frankly, kiters require so much more room for launching and for riding, with inherent dangers involved, that it is remarkable that the CGWA would be willing to work together on mutually beneficial projects. All kiters should be extremely grateful for even that possibility!

Keep rollin’ Bingen Bart and Victor the Inflictor; there are many reasons for the legendary status that has been placed upon you both. Your Wind-fueled passion and Reverence for the Gorge has been an inspiration for so many.

Mahalo Nui Loa... Cherish the free flowing waters and all the joys they offer; treat them as a privilege, not a right!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: