Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Naish GoTo or North / Duotone Wam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Makelo295

Since 09 Aug 2016
12 Posts
Hillsboro

PostMon Dec 24, 18 11:20 am    Naish GoTo or North / Duotone Wam Reply with quote

I am looking for comparisons between the Naish GoTo 5'9" or North / Duotone Wam 5'10" for all around river swell riding. I am an advanced strapless rider, 5 years experience. Top priorities for me in a new board are: Good carving for swell riding, good upwind ability so I can easily go to sites a mile or more upwind, decent pop for strapless tricks, not overly bouncy.

I am 6'1" 185lbs, mostly ride 8m and 6m in all conditions, always looking for big swell to carve. I already have two great surfboards with lots of rocker which I will keep for the downwinders at the coast and really big days in the Gorge when I can launch close to the where I want to ride. I have demoed several directional boards, but it seems I can't try them all. I think the Celeritas is almost a close fit as a quick turning board with great upwind ability, but my ankles get tired on twitchy boards when I ride for 5 hour sessions.

Does anyone have any experience with either of these?

cpc219

Since 12 Jun 2014
291 Posts
The Dalles
Obsessed

PostMon Dec 24, 18 2:40 pm    Naish GoTo Reply with quote

I would definitely go with the Naish GoTo. But I would go with the 5'6 model. 5'9 and up is too big for the river, you don't need it.

ldhr

Since 21 Jul 2009
1470 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostMon Dec 24, 18 4:13 pm     Reply with quote

^^^ CPC219 is the Naish expert - whatever he says!

I'm 6'3" 185 and I ride the Celeritas. I could not disagree more on your comment about it being twitchy. It's a thruster that rides and tracks like it is on rails.

Generally speaking in my experience quads are twitchy and thrusters track better.

earthsurfer526

Since 11 Jan 2009
54 Posts
Hood River, OR

PostTue Dec 25, 18 1:38 pm     Reply with quote

I recommend the Goto 5'6". The 5'9" is way to big.

I own the Goto, the slingshot screamer and Celeritas, North Pacific waterbug, but I really love the Naish 5'2" skater. I feel that the 2018 skater is one of the best design out there with the Tomo Evo as my second favorite choice (which will be the next board I buy).

I have ridden the WAM a bunch (my kiting partner rides it) and it is OK. To me it feels sluggish on the carves and has less pop than the Goto. But still a good board.

Strapless boards are so much about personal preference. I recommend that you ride a bunch and go with what fits you best. Good Luck!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: