Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Baja surfing accident. Help if you can. Send aloha.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
rascully55

Since 26 Jun 2014
3 Posts

Kook

PostThu Dec 06, 18 5:20 am    Baja surfing accident. Help if you can. Send aloha. Reply with quote

Sean Sauve is a White Salmon/Hood River kiter. He has been living in the Gorge for 9 years. You might have seen him shredding on a bright yellow Brokite Kiteboards board named “Sunshine”. He also is my love. Sean has taught many people to kite first as a job, then out of love for the sport. He is a great teacher and a beautiful kiter. I can see the joy when he is on the water.

We were on vacation in Baja and had been kiting in LV for 7 great days, on Sunday the 25th we made the trip to Cerritos. Sean has been working hard to learn to surf. Around sunset Sean had an accident and fractured three vertebrate. It was terrifying. Imagine driving that road from Cerritos with the person you love knowing they hurt their back, but not knowing the severity of the injury. We rushed to Todos Santos, they took us by ambulance to La Paz and determined he has no spinal cord damage but he must be immobilized and can’t travel for 10-15 days. He will make a full recovery, but he has been in the clinic in Todos Santos ever since.

We have insurance but it is unclear what will be covered. Additionally, we have many expenses related to staying in Baja 15 days more days, flying family down, and eventely flying home. Sean’s friends have set up a GoFund Me (https://www.gofundme.com/sean039s-mexico-medical-fund) page to help out. Help if you can, pass along the page, or send us your love. We receive all the good vibes you put into the world. H

Second our gear bag is in La Ventanan. There is no way I can make it back to White Salmon with Sean, our suitcase and the gear bag. It is difficult to handel when we are both in tip top shape. Can someone drive it back? We don’t need it now. Sean won’t be able to kite till spring. 🙂 I will borrow gear for my girls snowkite trip.

Much love and thanks to the PNW community! You will see Sean and Sunshine out on the water this spring!!!

stringy

Since 23 Jun 2006
1724 Posts
vancouver
XTreme Poster

PostThu Dec 06, 18 7:54 am     Reply with quote

best to sean in his recovery!
plenty of gorge kiters in baja so it shouldn't be too difficult to get your gear back if you can wait until end of the season. sounds like you can. here's the hyperlink from OP post above

https://www.gofundme.com/sean039s-mexico-medical-fund

skilja

Since 02 Jan 2008
75 Posts

PostFri Dec 07, 18 11:35 am     Reply with quote

How big is the gear bag? Could it fly as check in baggage?

Hulk

Since 17 Feb 2017
29 Posts
Portland, OR

PostTue Dec 11, 18 11:38 am     Reply with quote

If the kite bag can be checked on a flight, I'm going to LV in February with 8 non-kiters so there's room for bag checking. If you don't get it back before then, please reach out and we can work on bringing it back with us.

Send me a private message here if you want to take me up on it.

In other news, I had a multiple-vertebrae fracture 11 years ago in a hang gliding accident. No cord damage, and a full recovery. Just encourage him to take it easy and listen to his body and yes, he can recover fully and be out on the water next season.

captain crusty

Since 30 Aug 2005
92 Posts
PDX

PostThu Dec 13, 18 12:33 pm     Reply with quote

maybe consider cancelling your girls snowkite trip to help the financial cause? wishing him the best and speedy recovery

Trent

Since 10 May 2012
76 Posts
Hood River

PostFri Dec 14, 18 7:45 am     Reply with quote

Yeah, when you ask for money to help pay for medical bills, etc. you might want to leave out the part about your girls snow kite trip.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: