Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Gorge Huckfest scheduling update!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Dern

Since 11 Jul 2010
544 Posts
Vancouver, WA
Addicted

PostWed Sep 26, 18 11:42 am    Gorge Huckfest scheduling update! Reply with quote

Scheduling update Wed 9/26: the current weekend forecast does not look good for east winds. A final determination for moving this event to the weekend of October 6-7 will be made tomorrow, Thursday 9/27.

Stay tuned to this thread for the next update Exclamation

Dern

Since 11 Jul 2010
544 Posts
Vancouver, WA
Addicted

PostThu Sep 27, 18 11:36 am    Officially moving event date Reply with quote

The GORGE HUCKFEST is officially being moved to the next weekend, October 6-7.

Stay tuned to this thread for future updates. Exclamation Exclamation

Dern

Since 11 Jul 2010
544 Posts
Vancouver, WA
Addicted

PostThu Oct 04, 18 12:29 pm    Event Update - OCTOBER 4th Reply with quote

⚠️UPDATE THURSDAY-- Oct 4th, Due to an unfavorable weekend forecast, the event is being moved to the following weekend, OCTOBER 13-14. October 12 will also be considered if the 13-14 does not look good.⚠️

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2053 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostTue Oct 09, 18 8:48 am    Re: Event Update - OCTOBER 4th Reply with quote

Dern wrote:
⚠️UPDATE THURSDAY-- Oct 4th, Due to an unfavorable weekend forecast, the event is being moved to the following weekend, OCTOBER 13-14. October 12 will also be considered if the 13-14 does not look good.⚠️

DERN: FYI. . .

East winds predicted to start tomorrow and into the weekend!

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=45.54929291659524&lon=-122.22010472422971#.W7zYffZFzIW

Popcorn Drunk Alien Thumb's Up

"Thursday
Sunny, with a high near 67. East wind around 11 mph.
Thursday Night
Areas of fog after 11pm. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 44.
Friday
Areas of fog before 11am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 68.
Friday Night
Clear, with a low around 46. Breezy.
Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 70. Breezy.
Saturday Night
Clear, with a low around 47. Windy.
Sunday
Sunny, with a high near 69. Windy.
Sunday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 48. Breezy.
Monday
Sunny, with a high near 69."

Dern

Since 11 Jul 2010
544 Posts
Vancouver, WA
Addicted

PostTue Oct 09, 18 10:20 am     Reply with quote

Yes - Saturday is looking ripe!

Dern

Since 11 Jul 2010
544 Posts
Vancouver, WA
Addicted

PostThu Oct 11, 18 9:53 am     Reply with quote

--SCHEDULE UPDATE THURSDAY-- Oct 11th --
The 2018 Gorge Huckfest will officially take place on SATURDAY, OCTOBER 13TH. This event will be taking place at the STEVENSON, WA Kite Launch behind the port building/Jester and Judge.

PLEASE ARRIVE by 9:30AM FOR REGISTRATION.

--EVENT SCHEDULE--
9:00-10:00 AM -- EVENT REGISTRATION
10:00 AM -- RIDERS MEETING, EVENT FORMAT EXPLANATION
10:30-11:00 LOOKING TO START OUR FIRST HEATS!

I will need some volunteers for help with raffle tickets, herding wayward kiters, and Announcement during the event!

It is recommended to bring a jacket and some hearty food to this event. There are many food and drink venues in town, but event participants will not have a lot of time between heats! There will be snacks and water available (Clif bars, crackers, trail mix).

PLEASE AVOID PARKING DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THE LAUNCH AREA SO THAT WE CAN USE THE PARKING AREA TO STAGE KITES FOR THE NEXT HEATS!

Justsmile

Since 20 Jul 2009
1523 Posts
Not Portland
XTreme Poster

PostFri Oct 12, 18 9:59 am     Reply with quote

I hope you have got all the proper permits needed for an event along with notifying jester and judge appropriately. Sometimes the business get Saturday deliveries etc. Rachel and Grom, the Bolstad clan has worked so hard over the years to maintain a great relationships with the the county etc. as someone who lives around here I would hate to see any event give the kiters a black eye around here. I am fully supportive but just want to make sure all channels have been taken care of like taking to skamania EMS and letting them know of the event!! Just my 2 cents !!

Dern

Since 11 Jul 2010
544 Posts
Vancouver, WA
Addicted

PostFri Oct 12, 18 10:22 am     Reply with quote

Permits and Insurance are covered, EMS is notified, and notifications to the nearby businesses are underway (notifying the restaurants because we will have a lot of hungry kiters post-event)! Definitely don't want to hurt the reputation of kiting or get in the way of the local businesses with the event. Jester and Judge owners are easy to work with and great kite-spot neighbors!

cgka

Since 18 Jul 2006
278 Posts

Obsessed

PostFri Oct 12, 18 12:51 pm     Reply with quote

If there are beers being bought after the event, someone please be in charge of buying Darren some beers for us.

He's been busting tail to make this event happen, so everyone make sure to say their "Please" and " Thank you's" to Darren before, during and after this event.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: