Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Kite to board ratios (aka bored Kiter fun)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
McLovin

Since 11 Sep 2017
278 Posts
Corbett
Obsessed

PostSat Aug 04, 18 9:40 am    Kite to board ratios (aka bored Kiter fun) Reply with quote

Just for fun - ponder the kite to board ratio. If you can make a 12m work on a 4 ft board, could you not also make 4m kite work on a 12ft board?

I see some very chilled out longboard wave sessions 🌊 🏄🏽

Anyone tried it? Inflatable SUP surfer??

Mc Cool

voy-tech

Since 08 Apr 2014
372 Posts
Seattle
Obsessed

CGKA Member

PostSat Aug 04, 18 10:18 am     Reply with quote

There was one person successfully riding a surf SUP with a 12m (if i remember correctly) at Sauvie when it was only rideable for a foil.

Justsmile

Since 20 Jul 2009
1523 Posts
Not Portland
XTreme Poster

PostSat Aug 04, 18 11:02 am     Reply with quote

I was in maui and joking with a guy that was paddle boarding with a 10 ft long board. I had my 12 rally and it was super light. I was able to ride his board down Wind til I got to the big piece of concrete that sticks out of the water farthest down of the launches. I was dying to kite but it was truly not much fun.

Now you can just foil!!!

McLovin

Since 11 Sep 2017
278 Posts
Corbett
Obsessed

PostSun Aug 05, 18 12:57 am     Reply with quote

Haha Cool

Sounds about right...thank God, or whoever figured out FOILs - that is most definitely on my to do list.

Watched someone having a crazy good day last summer in Hanalei Bay on the north shore of Kauai in almost no wind, it was truly impressive and largely led to my finally getting over the hump to getting going with kiting...

So stoked!! - so much FUN I think it may be frowned upon in some states

Mc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: