Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

jetty island

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
stringy

Since 23 Jun 2006
1724 Posts
vancouver
XTreme Poster

PostMon Jun 25, 18 9:44 am    jetty island Reply with quote

hey kiters,
this past weekend, the jetty island kiters had a great kiteboarding festival. they called it the jetty island light wind olympics, which held true on saturday but on sunday it was probably one of the windiest spots in the NW! anyhow they had a great event and good times had by all. if you're in the seattle area and looking for some good kiting fun, consider jetty island.
here's some images from sunday's kiting
stringy

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2053 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostMon Jun 25, 18 9:58 am     Reply with quote

Stringy: Thanks for the pics and keeping the stoke alive (as usual). Please keep them coming. . .

I love the pics and it looked like great conditions and that people were having a blast?!

Pics #3, #6, #1 (in that order) are my favorites of the bunch of 6.

Cheers! Drunk Alien Thumb's Up

C Johnson

Since 17 Apr 2009
853 Posts
Seattle
Opinionated

PostTue Jun 26, 18 7:01 am     Reply with quote

Awesome pics Stringy! You always capture the stoke!

Here's some video from the event. Fun times and not so light of wind after all Wink

Link

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2053 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostTue Jun 26, 18 8:30 am     Reply with quote

Thanks for the vid. So a couple of questions I have about the day and JI as well.

So I know JI is a little wind NW to N wind spot during the late spring and summer. But the day this event occurred was it NW to N wind or more west wind? What directions of wind works for JI.

And obviously JI is an island. How long does it take ones to transport gear rig and launch from the parking lot?

So if your in your office in downtown Seattle, at what time does one have to pull the plug and give the finger to the boss and head north to go kiting? I know traffic in Seattle is about as bad as it gets.

Just curious.

KOF

Since 30 Mar 2011
51 Posts
Seattle

PostTue Jun 26, 18 2:28 pm     Reply with quote

JI works best on NW and one should leave the office no later than 2:00 - 2:30 if you don’t want to sit in traffic. With no traffic it’s 35 minutes from downtown with traffic could be 90-120 minutes plus depending on the day. Use a SUP or kayak to cross the channel. If on TT 14m is the go to size

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: