Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Larry missing in La Ventana area

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
TBird

Since 23 May 2013
5 Posts

Kook

PostSun Apr 08, 18 10:13 am    Larry missing in La Ventana area Reply with quote

For those of you with connections to La Ventana/La Paz, Larry Indermuehle from the Gorge has been missing in Baja since Tuesday. Searches are underway in the area. If you can assist or know others who can, there's information on Facebook on a public page called "Find Larry." I don't have any information other than what's there, just thought this might be a good forum to spread the word to Baja folks.

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostSun Apr 08, 18 12:07 pm     Reply with quote

Here's the Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/194051947988526/?fref=mentions

shred_da_gorge

Since 12 Nov 2008
1251 Posts
Local, not Low Cal
XTreme Poster

PostTue Apr 10, 18 1:32 pm     Reply with quote

Wait, is this Lumbar Larry?? I tried FB but don't have an account. I just saw him a few months ago here - hope everything turns out OK!!

blancoh2o

Since 15 Mar 2005
1153 Posts
Oregon
Phishy

PostTue Apr 10, 18 1:52 pm     Reply with quote

Yes, this is "Lumbar Larry", "Brokeback Larry" and recently "Broken Ankle Larry"

To say he has had a string of bad luck is an understatement. I saw him in January when we were down there and he seemed like he was in good spirits and healing well. He has been part of the gringo LV community for many years. I am certain that they want give up until he is found.

Everyone keep Larry in your prayers or thoughts or whatever belief system you have. He and the searchers can use your positive energy.

https://kb4c.rallyup.com/kb4c/286ef9/Member

TBird

Since 23 May 2013
5 Posts

Kook

PostWed Apr 11, 18 9:29 am    Posters to share: Larry Indermuehle Reply with quote

Attached are missing person posters in English and Spanish. Please share liberally with anyone with Baja connections. Thanks, everyone.

English.jpg 
   Spanish.jpg 

TBird

Since 23 May 2013
5 Posts

Kook

PostWed Apr 11, 18 9:34 am     Reply with quote

Here is the key information from the "Find Larry" Facebook page, for those of you without FB accounts:
HI, I created the group to get as many people involved in searching for Larry as possible. I know everyone has a lot of questions, I will give you only confirmed facts.
1. Larry had dinner Tuesday night at Los Pichus diagonally across from Star Mart with 3 friends.
2. He walked home from there at about 8pm.
3. Around 8am on Wednesday a neighbor found his gate open and trailer unlocked. Apparently only things missing appeared to be wallet and ATV (his phone was found in the trailer). So we are looking at a 12 hour gap of his disappearance.
4. Friday a search turned up his missing ATV at 4:15pm on the road going west up from Diamanté Real Estate to where it dead ends by a yellow house....the grey unfinished concrete block "hotel" is just to the southwest of there.
5. There was fuel in the ATV but the key was gone.
6. La Paz hospitals and jails all checked and police,federales, and US consulate as well as Larrys sister all contacted.
7. Saturday police questioned people who had last reported seeing him, etc
8. Saturday more searches were conducted and an American man from La Paz who does missing person searches and investigations came to help and talk to officials.
I have not added specific names on purpose. Police know who they are. Our local gringo contact will be Chris Dyer. There is also a what's app group that has been formed. I will post any updates on here as I find out.

TBird

Since 23 May 2013
5 Posts

Kook

PostFri Apr 13, 18 8:08 am     Reply with quote

FOLKS WITH LA PAZ connections: There have been some encouraging potential local sightings of Larry, appearing confused, between La Ventana and La Paz. If you have friends or any connections in the area, please ask them to copy and share the missing-person posters in this thread. Thank you.

that_guy_stu

Since 22 Sep 2012
27 Posts

PostSat Apr 14, 18 9:25 am     Reply with quote

If anyone knows of a way to donate funds directly to the search for Larry, please post it.

This is a super good guy. I worked with him at Meadows for a number of years and it really bums me out to hear the news.

Want to help.

- Stuart

flipper

Since 17 Oct 2011
320 Posts

Obsessed

PostFri Apr 20, 18 8:17 pm     Reply with quote

Did Larry ever show up?

moondog

Since 15 Aug 2007
697 Posts
white salmon
Addicted

CGKA Member

PostSat Apr 21, 18 7:07 am     Reply with quote

There is no positive news or updates. They have elected not to post a reward since it would promote kidnappings. The LV locals don't have that type of mentality. Larry is fluent in Spanish which increases his chances for survival!

moondog

Since 15 Aug 2007
697 Posts
white salmon
Addicted

CGKA Member

PostMon Apr 30, 18 6:53 am     Reply with quote

Larry Indermuehle Update - Official organized searches were on-going throughout the week of April 16th but have now been suspended. The La Paz volunteer group and a search and rescue dog with his handler combed La Paz and surrounding areas and will continue to follow up on any further clues and information. A family member and friends broadened the search area these last few days. Lots of remote ranches and small towns both north and south of La Paz were visited and flyers posted. Another aerial search is currently being looked into.

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2053 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostTue Dec 04, 18 9:43 am    Where is Larry? Reply with quote

Was Larry ever found?

moondog

Since 15 Aug 2007
697 Posts
white salmon
Addicted

CGKA Member

PostTue Dec 04, 18 9:50 am     Reply with quote

I'm down here now and no positive news. Adam is staying on his property for the season .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: