Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Pump Review

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
WindSki

Since 14 Dec 2012
402 Posts
Portland
Obsessed

PostMon Feb 19, 18 10:04 am    Pump Review Reply with quote

Just received a new pump and thought I’d let you know my thoughts. The new pump is the PKS Pro Flow V2 Mega Kite Pump 24”. I say this pump rocks and would highly recommend. First key issue is the very flexible hose, the hose is made of some type of rubber, very flexible and easy to work with. PLUS, it uses the standard connector!!!

My older pump is the original WMFG pump. Great pump but I hate the hose it comes with, very stiff and has a none universal connection. See attached image. I see from the WMFG web site that they have a new pump version with a flexible hose. BUT they still have their none standard connection.

From inspecting the PKS Pro Flow, this is the same quality, if not the same China OEM manufacturer.

Pump.jpg 

Loneski

Since 18 Dec 2010
103 Posts
Washington
Stoked

PostMon Feb 19, 18 9:26 pm     Reply with quote

Why didn't we have this years ago? You won't regret this purchase.

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostTue Feb 20, 18 1:25 pm     Reply with quote

I too like the improved hose. I believe it (the one on the right in your image) also comes on the 2017 and newer WFMG. Only slight downside is that this black flexible hose has developed leaks twice in 100 sessions this past year since the upgrade. Easy fix, but not so easy when I'm rigging on a hot Mexico beach.

sleestack

Since 07 Dec 2006
181 Posts
Land of the Lost
Stoked

PostTue Feb 20, 18 3:15 pm    Re: Pump Review Reply with quote

[quote="WindSki"] very flexible hose, the hose is made of some type of rubber, very flexible and easy to work with.[/quote]

What is that brown stuff on the hose on the left?

WindSki

Since 14 Dec 2012
402 Posts
Portland
Obsessed

PostTue Feb 20, 18 5:06 pm     Reply with quote

The white hose is from the WMFG, it was never repaired. Note sure what the brown color is, never really looked at it since its been working with no issues.

lineman

Since 05 Feb 2009
170 Posts

Stoked

PostFri Mar 09, 18 7:42 pm     Reply with quote

brown stuff is Gorilla Glue, maybe #4 ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: