Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Kite & Mountain Action Camp - Esposende, Portugal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
rolla_rage

Since 05 Aug 2015
11 Posts
SF Bay Area

PostThu Feb 01, 18 8:15 am    Kite & Mountain Action Camp - Esposende, Portugal Reply with quote

I'm planning a trip to Portugal to visit family in Lisbon and the Azores in late July. I'd like to put the splitboard to use and incorporate some kiting too. This spot seemed like a good option for a solo traveler at an intermediate level.

Has anyone been to this kite location? Anyone have experience with "Bstoked"? I've been emailing with Abel and he seems very helpful and accommodating so far.

https://bstoked.net/listings/kite-and-mountain-action-camp/

Any info would be appreciated. I plan to use this thread as a ride report once I'm back.

-J

kbrossel

Since 26 Aug 2012
21 Posts

PostThu Feb 01, 18 1:41 pm    Portugal Reply with quote

Had planned a trip to Los Roques with the company that fell through at the last minute. They were good refunding our money. Portugal is amazing. People are great. Food is great. Have only been to the south, Algarve in April so not a lot of wind. Summer months are suppose to be better. The basic accommodations sound like a hostel. Take a couple days to see Lisbon. Check on how you get them funds. Most likely a wire transfer that may cost you.

bwd

Since 04 Aug 2007
385 Posts

Obsessed

PostSat Feb 03, 18 5:48 am     Reply with quote

Having been to Portugal only once, I have just a little advice:
Have fun! It’s a great country to visit!
If you’re in Lisbon/Cascais area don’t leave things in your car. Otherwise crime should not be a problem.
About money: it’s a developed European country.
If they can’t take PayPal, euros or your visa/debit card, and insist on bank wire transfer n advance, trust them just as much as you would trust a small business in the US that did this- not at all!
To buy a house, maybe it’s another story, but you’re not buying a house!

rolla_rage

Since 05 Aug 2015
11 Posts
SF Bay Area

PostSun Feb 04, 18 10:09 am     Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice bwd and kbrossel, everyone I talk to has good things to say about the people and the food - I'm looking forward to that.

Abel was okay with Paypal - easy-peasy.

-J

markamcclure

Since 20 May 2011
164 Posts
Portland, OR
Stoked

PostMon Feb 05, 18 2:08 pm     Reply with quote

My family will be in Portugal in July. I am the only one in a family of four who will be kiting, but I am bringing my gear and a surfboard. We will be staying at places in Troia, Algarve: Sagres area, an area an hour east of Aviero and finally, Peniche. I don't plan on going as far north as Esponde, but it looked good for kiting. If you want to connect at one of the areas above for kiting, send me a pm.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: